• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

$58,000.00 Alpine on eBay

65beam

Donation Time
alpine

when I picked up the RHD lemans in reno a couple years ago I was able to look this car over since it was owned by the person we bought the Harrington from. the detail and workmanship was fantastic and I doubt that the asking price covers the cost of building it since it is a race car.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I know the car, it's owner and the man/shop that did the work. It's an amazing car.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
58K Alpine

I hope it sells..........it will help all of us Alpine owners in the long run. Best I could get in early 1990s for a completely restored Series V w/hardtop and new everything was $3800. Eight years ago I got $20K for another Series V with V6 conversion and an unfinished hardtop and thought I had scored a premium price. ( I had a little over $23K in it at the time). I wish the seller good luck and hope he gets is price.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Ad says it doesn't have the later 1725, but what looks like B3950... VIN appears on block. Beautiful Alpine. Wish there was a shot of the carb side of the engine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill posted many pics of the car when building.. and used to be on the old webshots page.

Car was not raced after the resto.. was a red race car when bill bought it. It had a single DCOE on a home made manifold.

During the resto bill went to the australian made Lynx single DCOE manifold setup... engine is a 1725 IIRC. I recall claims in the 150hp range.

As for adding value.. Bills racer and Harringotn have been for sale several times since he sold them... they appear from dealer to dealer... and as a few of us have discussed this is probably why the hemmings values are rising .. skewed market data.