• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3D Personal Printer Is Here!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Unbelievable..... I watched the thing make a ball bearing and if I'm not mistaken, the bearing worked..... Need to explore the site more and find out how you go about programming it to make an object.

In a few years they'll be at Lowe's and they'll be better and les expensive. The possibilities are amazing.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Nice

My Company (employer) has the one that instead of plastic uses corn starch, more accurate and 20 times as expensive for a printer.

Donna
:D

KenDemp

Donation Time
Well this is an old thread...

I was just having a conversation with someone whos grandson just got this gadget that does 3d "printing". It sounded like something that might be useful in replacing old hard to find pieces like interior parts.

As predicted above, the prices have come down, and I am sure they do amazing stuff.

Anyone have any experience messing around with one of these?

Here's the first one that pops up on google:

http://cubify.com/cube/index.aspx?gclid=CIC8xs3ThrYCFUWd4AodhXEAdg