• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I'm placing this here 'cause it's not really an "Alpine part",
and may or may not work for folks doing conversions/rebuilds...
But here goes:

Pasted from columbus.craigslist.org,
no relation to 'seller', etc.

Reply to: sale-555481409@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-29, 9:14AM EST

I have for sale a 79 standard bore(needs rebuilt) 302 ford long block for sale. i picked it up for a mustang project and decided to go with another engine. Also included is the port fuel injection it is dirty but looks to be all there. If interested call dave at 614-313-8379 IT is FREE!!!!!!!!! someone come pick it up!!!!! I want it out of my garage!!!!!!!!!!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 555481409

I think he wants it gone.
Ken

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm placing this here 'cause it's not really an "Alpine part",
and may or may not work for folks doing conversions/rebuilds...
But here goes:

Pasted from columbus.craigslist.org,
no relation to 'seller', etc.

Reply to: sale-555481409@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-29, 9:14AM EST

I have for sale a 79 standard bore(needs rebuilt) 302 ford long block for sale. i picked it up for a mustang project and decided to go with another engine. Also included is the port fuel injection it is dirty but looks to be all there. If interested call dave at 614-313-8379 IT is FREE!!!!!!!!! someone come pick it up!!!!! I want it out of my garage!!!!!!!!!!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 555481409

I think he wants it gone.
Ken

Ken, you've seen my car. do you think this would fit in the trunk?

Bill

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
So, like a Porsche rear-engine thing? I think if you use a v-drive out of a boat, then you could mount the engine facing backwards, transmission over the rear end, etc. Trans linkage would be an issue. Weight balance would be bad, but you'd have a nice large trunk up front.
Oh, you mean the Focus? Same issues.

Or do you mean, for transport? Haven't seen the engine myself, but my guess is that, although it would fit, getting it in and out with a crane without killing the upholstery or punching out a window would be challenging. Is your trailer still around? That would likely be safer/easier all around. Is this something on your shopping list? Let me know...

Ken

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
So, like a Porsche rear-engine thing? I think if you use a v-drive out of a boat, then you could mount the engine facing backwards, transmission over the rear end, etc. Trans linkage would be an issue. Weight balance would be bad, but you'd have a nice large trunk up front.
Oh, you mean the Focus? Same issues.

Or do you mean, for transport? Haven't seen the engine myself, but my guess is that, although it would fit, getting it in and out with a crane without killing the upholstery or punching out a window would be challenging. Is your trailer still around? That would likely be safer/easier all around. Is this something on your shopping list? Let me know...

Ken

I was thinking more of something like the 302 mounted in the trunk, with a V belt drive off the nose of the engine of the input of the diff. It would have an electric clutch, much like a lawn mower. The engine would be fixed full throttle. When the urge to go FAST becomes uncontrollable, I would just flick a switch. There would be a slight deceleration as the momentum of the car starts the 302, then all hell breaks loose. It would be computer controlled to kill juice to the the clutch at about about 140 mph.

Bill

gordonra

Donation Time
I think I saw something like this on the Darwin Awards list.... Only difference was thy used a JATO unit. :D

SNIP: When the urge to go FAST becomes uncontrollable, I would just flick a switch. There would be a slight deceleration as the momentum of the car starts the 302, then all hell breaks loose. It would be computer controlled to kill juice to the the clutch at about about 140 mph.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I think I saw something like this on the Darwin Awards list.... Only difference was thy used a JATO unit. :D

And then there was my friend and neighbor who had a dual 4 barrel mopar 440 in his MINI.1 carb in front of the windshield.1 carb behind the windshield.
The seat was over the rear axle.No he didn't kill himself like the guy with the JATO.he just did it for the fun of having done such a thing.The 440 went into another car
He also pulled against Big Foot 1 with his 4x4 van.That was one mean van.It was so high he had the side door made to fold down and steps fold out.