• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2009 phillip island historic

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Michael,

I noticed that there were two racing Alpine's. Were they both from NSW and how did they place (if they raced at all)? Did the rain ease off for most of the races? Some very nice cars made their way down as well.

Thanks, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob,

the red alpine was bob boulters car from QLD (team toaster) not sure if it ran in the regularity.. but was susposed too (fast class) the Keon NSW (blue) car broke the flywheel bolts and a miracle.. it stayed on! was lucky to keep his feet. Michael Ban ran in the slower class for reg and did ok.

As for weather.. i dont even want to go into how bad saturday was.. was about 6 races for the day.. and they looked at cancelling.. sunday.. persistant rain and very cold wind.. worst weather in years.. big dissapointment for all the international cars.

then there is what happened to the tiger.. my spotless underside is no longer.. i need a hoist and a jet hose.. could not avoid the muddy water and slosh in the parking areas and roads out...

64beam

Donation Time
Rob,

the red alpine was bob boulters car from QLD (team toaster) not sure if it ran in the regularity.. but was susposed too (fast class) the Keon NSW (blue) car broke the flywheel bolts and a miracle.. it stayed on! was lucky to keep his feet. Michael Ban ran in the slower class for reg and did ok.

As for weather.. i dont even want to go into how bad saturday was.. was about 6 races for the day.. and they looked at cancelling.. sunday.. persistant rain and very cold wind.. worst weather in years.. big dissapointment for all the international cars.

then there is what happened to the tiger.. my spotless underside is no longer.. i need a hoist and a jet hose.. could not avoid the muddy water and slosh in the parking areas and roads out...

Thanks for the reply, I don't feel so bad missing the races after hearing that. Did you go in the cavalcade or did you go down to the island by yourself? At least you can wash the dirt off :) .

Regards, Robin.