• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8L with 4 speed

tc_157

Donation Time
I purchased a Mustang II 2.8L V6 with 4 speed last year. Stock motor. Went a different route with my conversion. Previous owner had it installed in an MG. Purportedly rebuilt with 20m miles on it. I can't claim that I know for sure. Complete motor except for the lower radiator hose housing and has dual pulleys on the crank. Also have headers from the MG, though pretty rusty. Want to sell as a unit. Located in Northern New Jersey. 07480 zip. Don't really know what these are going for these days. Reasonable offers ?

Also have an Offy 4 bbl. manifold $200 shipped I think? Thanks.

limey222

Donation Time
Mustang II motor and gearbox.

If someone else on this site wants to buy just the motor including flywheel and clutch assembly as they may want to go with a T5 transmission, I would be interested in just the 4-speed transmission.

I purchased a Mustang II 2.8L V6 with 4 speed last year. Stock motor. Went a different route with my conversion. Previous owner had it installed in an MG. Purportedly rebuilt with 20m miles on it. I can't claim that I know for sure. Complete motor except for the lower radiator hose housing and has dual pulleys on the crank. Also have headers from the MG, though pretty rusty. Want to sell as a unit. Located in Northern New Jersey. 07480 zip. Don't really know what these are going for these days. Reasonable offers ?

Also have an Offy 4 bbl. manifold $200 shipped I think? Thanks.

tc_157

Donation Time
Mustang 4 speed

I'll split it up if you just need the trans. Looks like you have been doing a fair amount of research on transmissions. What do you feel is a fair price for it?

buddy

Diamond Level Sponsor
buddy

I would be interested in the manifold at the $200 price if it is in good shape. Let to talk on phone if possible.

limey222

Donation Time
Sorry, I haven't looked at this thead for several days. Is your gearbox the version with the 3 external shifter rods? I need to know that before I can consider buying it. For what its worth I just pick the same unit up in WA state for $200. That guy had sold the engine as well so he was left with the gearbox.

I'll split it up if you just need the trans. Looks like you have been doing a fair amount of research on transmissions. What do you feel is a fair price for it?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The transmission you are looking for came only in Mercury Capri/Capri IIs, years 1974-1978. You will have better luck looking on a Capri site. This transmission came with a cast steel bellhousing that will only bolt to this transmission. The Mustang II bellhousing that allows the T5 transmission to bolt up to the 2.8 V6, will not work for you.

I´m afraid you are going to have a hard time finding the Capri box, and if you do, it will be pretty expensive.

Jose

Sorry, I haven't looked at this thead for several days. Is your gearbox the version with the 3 external shifter rods? I need to know that before I can consider buying it. For what its worth I just pick the same unit up in WA state for $200. That guy had sold the engine as well so he was left with the gearbox.