• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 Parts

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
If anyone is interested, I found another source for 2.8 parts. This place deals in Capri parts and I got a set of Capri V6 Aluminum valve covers from them (like the ones pictured below). The guy there also mentioned that they might dust off some tooling to do another run, of a slightly better version of these ribbed covers.

http://www.teamblitz.com/

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
How much were the covers? Think they'd do a run that said "Alpine V6"? Might generate quite a bit of interest here. It would certainly be on my Xmas list!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I gave $300 for the covers, then added rubber gaskets, allen head bolts for both the heads and Offy intake, and the breather cap. I don't know if they could cast them with Alpine on them. Maybe with enough interest, who knows. But even with Capri on them I don't think it would take much to grind that down and add an Alpine label. I am not affiliated with them, just found them on the web.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Think they'd do a run that said "Alpine V6"?

I've posed that question to them. I guess if the interest is there, everyone would need to agree on what would be on top. Alpine V6, Alpine, or Sunbeam. Or go with nothing, just the fins?

Jim E

Donation Time
There is another version of that cover that has 'FORD V6' on instead of Capri I wonder if they cast that one also

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I asked them the following question:

You mentioned in one of your replies that you might produce a run of
improved valve covers. I, along with several others are using or planning to
use the Ford 2.8 V6 in Sunbeam Alpines. Would it be possible to create a set
that say Alpine V6 instead of Capri V6 on top of them, if there was enough
interest?

Their reply is below:

**I plan on making them labelled "Ford" or plain. The plain type will be
able to be embossed with owner's name, garage, race team, or anything they
wish with a ball cutter at our machine shop. I'll keep you posted as we
proceed. Thanks, Norm

lgurley

Donation Time
I want some

When they become available I would like a set. Please let me know when to order and from who.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Valve Cover Emblems

FYI:The previous owner of my car had a company that made trophy plaques make up 2 plates that fit the space on the valve covers after he had the V6 Capri machined down. They've been on for at least 8 years with no sign of coming off.

I plan to do the same on the new car, but with different wording....

lgurley

Donation Time
I asked them the following question:

You mentioned in one of your replies that you might produce a run of
improved valve covers. I, along with several others are using or planning to
use the Ford 2.8 V6 in Sunbeam Alpines. Would it be possible to create a set
that say Alpine V6 instead of Capri V6 on top of them, if there was enough
interest?

Their reply is below:

**I plan on making them labelled "Ford" or plain. The plain type will be
able to be embossed with owner's name, garage, race team, or anything they
wish with a ball cutter at our machine shop. I'll keep you posted as we
proceed. Thanks, Norm
Mike,
Have you heard anything else on the valve covers? I would like some information if they are available.
Thanks,