• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1st And 2nd Place In Local Car Show

napa 1

Donation Time
Well actually there was no judging, but judge for yourselves. This is Bill Atalla and I at the Father's Day Invitational Car Show in Yountville, CA. There was one Tiger, Bill's Harrington and my Series I representing Sunbeams. (for some reason they gave the two Alpine's the primo spot right by the front entrance and had the Tiger hidden around the back of the building?? )

2489024470099835553rSNfnX

alpine_64

Donation Time
John,

The car looks fantastic in the photos, its so nice to see an early hardtop alpine with all the orginal chrome trim around the rear screen. You might want to share with the many people on the board how you achieved that. The spots look great and the car is a real credit to your hard work.. well done!

napa 1

Donation Time
John,

The car looks fantastic in the photos, its so nice to see an early hardtop alpine with all the orginal chrome trim around the rear screen. You might want to share with the many people on the board how you achieved that. The spots look great and the car is a real credit to your hard work.. well done!
thanks Michael, however,
If you were able to zoom in on the photos, you would see that I have the rear window trim sort of temporarily attached in place using small screws into the rubber seal. I"ve tried everything to get the trim to fit as original, but I'm convinced that the aftermarket rubber trim must not have the same grooves as the original, or that a special tool is need to work the trim into the rubber seal. To the general public I can get away with it, but you guys would surely notice the difference. So, although I have the trim and it is on the rear window, it is not attached all that well. Has anybody had better luck with this install?

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I have a set of the stainless rear window surround for the series II, but haven't tried to fit it yet. Yes, I do have the after market rubber from Rick @SS. Is there any suggestions as to how to install the surround to make it a little easier? Or is there any easy way to do anything on these little beauties?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Not sure if this would apply to Alpines, but the Humber guys (including Kip at Kip Motors) insists that the only way to make this work on the back window of a Humber is to put the stainless trim on the rubber first, then put the rubber/stainless trim on the body (or hardtop in your case).

Maybe try that and see if it works. It can't hurt.