• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Upper Grille Moulding

atallamcs

Donation Time
eyebrow

Gotcha. Not sure I can tell the difference. By now (50 years later) it has got to be a bit tatty and most likely dented?
Bill

Henry K

Donation Time
Eyebrow

Mine would be perfect except for one little item: there was a dent that the PO apparently tried to remove by hammering a screw driver into it and punched it through. That's what it looks like, anyway. So I'm hoping to find a nice original one rather than a repro.

Henry

gordonra

Donation Time
Mine would be perfect except for one little item: there was a dent that the PO apparently tried to remove by hammering a screw driver into it and punched it through. That's what it looks like, anyway. So I'm hoping to find a nice original one rather than a repro.

Henry

I was told by a shop that works on this kind of thing, that they could repair dents, tears, and holes by tig welding and pressing the areas, they polishing.

Rich

Henry K

Donation Time
Thanks, Rich. That may be worth pursuing. I'll have to talk to some local shops about that.

Henry

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Does anyone know for sure that they can be repaired this way? It is not 300 grade stainless steel. It's somewhat magnetic (400 grade?), and almost appears to be plated.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Mike

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
uppper grill moulding

I just had an original one re chromed and they are BRASS, It was not worth it after I repaired the slight crack with silver solder, the next move is to Just buy one from Rick which by the way no matter what the catalog says they are also brass, can you say good money after bad!