• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1966 Sunbeam Alpine series 5

sarge1572

Donation Time
I found this car covered and sitting on jack stands. It has been stored since 1984. The engines turns by hand and the car appears to be complete, missing only the grill. It appears to have a straight frame/unibody. Minor rust including a few small rust thru spots in the trunk. I bought it two years ago with the intention to restore it but my plans have changed and I need to par down the number of "projects" to work on. This is a good restoration prospect. I have stripped out the carpets, and top, removed the wheels and rear drums, which I have, started body work and removed the panel, window and crank assembly from the right door to knock out a dent.

I've purchased a carpet kit, a turn signal assembly that needs rebuilding, and a missing driving light. I also have a "Sunbeam Alpine series 5 shop manual" on DVD. Everything is included. I also have the pink slip, but never transferred the title and have not signed the pink slip so it will transfer from the old owner to you. I recommend you inspect this car before you buy. This is a cash only sale, no trades, no checks. Obviously this will have to be moved on a flatbed or trailer.

$2000 offer

In interested email for pictures. If you'd like to see it in person I'll send you my phone number to arrange a time and give you my address.

I'm located in La Habra Heights - 90631 near the OC LAC border.

SARGE1572@VERIZON.NET

Attachments

• DSCF3897a.jpg
    DSCF3897a.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF3898a.jpg
    DSCF3898a.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF3900a.jpg
    DSCF3900a.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF3895a.jpg
    DSCF3895a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 106

sarge1572

Donation Time
I received an inquiry about the engine SN. The engine SN DOES match the VIN. Also, the pictures show the car on jack stands with no wheels. I DO have the wheels. It even has the jack!
Jeff

sarge1572

Donation Time
sunbeam alpine

Tuesday I'm going to list this on Ebay with a $1500 reserve. If you'd like it at $1500 it's yours. Either way it's going to go. Or you can bid on it............ and hope for the best.

This car is pretty solid and if you're looooooooooking for a restoreable chassis, that's nearly complete, you're crazy to pass on this one.

Jeff

mferris

Donation Time
Jeff - I'm up to my eyeballs in an current restoration - but loved the video (oddly). What type of camera did you use to shoot it, did you have a steady-cam?

-M

sarge1572

Donation Time
Sunbeam

I used my digital camera that does video as well. It's an Olympus SZ-10 with built in steady cam. I also amplified the steady capability with a 2 pack of Michelob......

Glad you're mid project, sad it isn't this one!!! I keep waffling about selling, but I have 6 BIG projects and I need to clear out "stuff" as I'm planning on selling my house this summer.

sarge1572

Donation Time
Sunbeam

MFerris - I just saw you are located in Raleigh NC. My daughter lives in Durham and I've been looking for property in the Pamlico / Beaufort county area off and on for about 5 years. Something near the sound. If it works out and I buy in the area I may be calling YOU for Alpine parts!! (after I build a house and find a sailboat!!) Got a good friend in Greenville that also has a place on the outer banks in Atlantic Beach.

Jeff