• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1966 head light bezels ?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
in need of 1966 type headlight bezels (eyebrow type) painted, not chrome. almost any cond. thanks

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I don't understand how these Harley headlight rims attach to a Sunbeam body. Sunbeam headlight rims in decent condition are not that rare.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I wouldn't think headlight brows would be too much. I have a few in my parts bins.
how much do you want to pay?
let me know.
Bob

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Don't want to disparage the fine folks at Harley, but their headlight rim is definitely not stock looking on an Alpine. It's longer along the side, more like a Rapier rim, and it has no ridge at the top to match the bodyline.

alpine_64

Donation Time
note. these have the screw attach at the bottom. earlier series have a clip.
Actaully it was only late in production they used the clip rims. All the early cars have the screw attachment and most people drill a hole in the clip ones for a screw to stop the rim escaping.

As a side note never over tighten the screws.. So many rims are distorted at the hole or even cracked from being over tightened.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Ve git too soon old , und late shmart.
thanks for the correction. always thought it was the other-way around.
Here are some pics of the clip style.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 45

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I'll check with the post office on Monday. expect parcel post may be the cheapest.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
ARE THEY "SUPPOSED TO BE BENT LIKE THAT " I NOTICE THEY BOTH HAVE A "FLAT" side ? oops, sorry bout the Caps

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
One has an indent near the screw hole at the bottom, and is missing the upper clip.
Both are sanded to bare metal except for a little patch of old bondo , so what you see is what you get.
A decent pair for the price.IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2068.JPG
I can send more photos if you want.
Cheers