• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Sunbeam Imp Deluxe

jack Bacon

Donation Time
1965 Sunbeam Imp Sunbeam Deluxe restored about 10 years ago. Primrose Yellow with burgundy interior, rust free, runs well,looks great. The windshield has two chips on the drivers side lower corner and needs a speedo cable. Lots of fun to drive located close to Minneapolis, MN $7000 firm.

PM for more information. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/3977325841.html

Best regards,

Jack

Last edited:

jimfai

Donation Time
imp

very nice jack, did you buy a mini than? my alger caught fire yesterday, dash wire shorted out. lucky i pushed it out of the garage before i lit up the house too.

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

Buy this car and keep it in the Twin Cities. I actually bought a 1965 Corvair Corsa dark green. The mini I looked at had no give in the suspension so drove like a rock.

Jack

bohemianway

Donation Time
I always said the Alpine was the British Corvair...

Just kidding, I used to autocross a 1964 Spyder (I know, a totally different car). The one good thing about Corvairs is that parts are cheap and plentiful. I still have a barn full of them (as does everyone else). To bad it's not a 66' since I have a full set of wheel covers somewhere.

Good luck on the sale and the new ride,
Charles

jack Bacon

Donation Time
I should grab those wheel covers from you and other Corvair goodies you have hiding in the garage.

Jack

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Sold!!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the heads up and it was fun to read all the comments.

Sold the Imp tonight to another car collector in Wisconsin who already has three Imps, it's going to a good home!

Best regards,

Jack