• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Series IV GT

Ozzmosis86

Donation Time
I have a 1965 Series IV Alpine GT in Auburn Gold Metallic. This is a unique year/color combination, according to the chassis tag, it is the original color. The was changed out in the 60's or 70's for a Series V. The car is a single owner car, it is owned by my Grandfather who purchased the car new in 1964.

The car has some rust damage at the bottom of each door skin and the drivers side floor board. The passenger side front fender has some damage from an accident which has been mostly straightened out.

There are boxes full of NOS replacement parts including new carpet, seat foam, seat covers and many other parts. The intention was to restore the car and get it running again for my Grandfather, however time and finances do not allow for it.

Please advise if there is any interest in the car and parts, it is located in Arlington, TX.

Andy

MonteSS86@hotmail.com

charchri4

Donation Time
I think you are going to find plenty of interest in the car but it would be most helpful if you would post up a ton of photos and let us know the price. GLWS!

Ozzmosis86

Donation Time
Here are some pictures of the car.

And the sad current location of the car, you can see kids and life have trumped working on the car. The boxes in the car are filled with parts. At this time I am not willing to separate the parts from the car.

Acollin

Donation Time
If your plan is to part the car out, there are any number of bits that I would be interested in.
Steering wheel
Dash
Top, etc.
Let me know what you're thinking.
Thanks
Andrew

charchri4

Donation Time
Wow I would so love to have this car! It looks pretty complete and pretty straight at least for my standards. Any better shots of the pass front fender? Looks like there is some issues there.

Can you give any more details on the drive train condition?

Still need to post a price for me to get excited or not...

Ozzmosis86

Donation Time
Wow I would so love to have this car! It looks pretty complete and pretty straight at least for my standards. Any better shots of the pass front fender? Looks like there is some issues there.

Jim,
I sent you a PM

Andy

Ozzmosis86

Donation Time

Jim,
I sent you a PM

Andy

mattinoz

Donation Time
Great project for someone if the price is right. And it's a genuine GT car which if I'm not mistaken is quite rare in the USA as most Alpines sent to the the States were the ragtops

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's a great car! Love the gold. Throw about $20,000 at her and you can have one like mine on the right! :)
Mine was about the same when I purchased, less the rust.

Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My '65 SIV BW 35 GT 39

Paul, You sure have a Nice one...

I also have a GT a bit rusty but undergoing the restoration .

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Great project for someone if the price is right. And it's a genuine GT car which if I'm not mistaken is quite rare in the USA as most Alpines sent to the the States were the ragtops

The US received its fair share of GT's, tho perhaps a smaller percentage than the home market. We have at least two autumn gold III GT's here in the Seattle area: a mostly original one north of here being restored to drivable condition, and a rolling shell (with orig tranny) in my back yard. The shell is pretty straight, with surface rust but zero rot. A friend who plans to chop it up for the Tiger-crossover bits has tentatively bought it, but if he doesn't pick up soon I'm going to try to find a good Alpine home for it.

I still don't understand how they sold any GT's here in Seattle or at home in the equally rainy UK. There just aren't that many days when a GT owner can ditch the hardtop at home and say "It's definitely not going to rain today." Yes, you can dodge the raindrops if you stay above 40mph, but eventually you gotta stop.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If it's that good of a car, Please don't "chop-it-up", surely there are plenty of other LRX's floating around that He can gleam parts from various cars to "Put-to-gather" another Tiger clone....

I have a SV that was a rust bucket that I have helped myself and a few others with parts, especially some sheet metal pieces.

Keep'em-on-the-Road,

Isn't that the Forum's Motto?;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I still don't understand how they sold any GT's here in Seattle or at home in the equally rainy UK. There just aren't that many days when a GT owner can ditch the hardtop at home and say "It's definitely not going to rain today." Yes, you can dodge the raindrops if you stay above 40mph, but eventually you gotta stop.

Actually that's when it makes sense on some level . you wanted a sports car.. Want the ability to drop the roof but know it will be rare. The GT gave you more rear seat area more quiet and luxury.. What you bought was a closed GT sports car ... Then for those few days in summer you could have an open car. If you take the hardtop off... So you don't carry a soft top round and lose the space in the back when you only need it a few times a year

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
More for the GT!

My GT had the Hard Top and I believe it is what save the car from being a truly rust bucket.

The Top of course keeping the inside free of the weather.

My frame assy is really in great shape but looking at the "other" areas of the car would make the average fellow wonder why I do or didn't have my head examined to restore a car in such bad shape.

Then of course I looked at a few other cars that were in similar condition that were being restored and kept on with my work.

It will make a beautiful Sunbeam Alpine when finished. (That is if my $$$ holds out);)

Last edited:

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I got a 64 GT

A few of the SAOCA got to see my Vicki the Alpine back in 2006 when they came to Tulsa, OK for the Invasion. This is a rare picture with her hardtop on. I leave it off normally but for the last year while stored in Texas in my parents garage they have left the top on. I hope the paint is not ruined under the rubber pads, price you pay to move. Will bring her home when we get our 2nd garage built here in sunny Florida. Just FYI you don't have to go all original, just strip it down repair the body from rust and piece it back together. I have autometer brand gauges and it was easier to custom build a wood dash then buy one. buy a painless wiring harness and put in new, don't try and patch the Lucas wiring.
The real ironic part of my story is I paid people to restore the car, personally not comfortable with electrical wiring. Guess who got a job working part time laying out wiring harness's for boats at the local Pacer Marine Group, yea me! Only manufacturing job in this small town in Florida using AutoCad, guess I will master electrical or at least try!

Donna

Attachments

• Vickie 008.jpg
    Vickie 008.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 59

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I hope the paint is not ruined under the rubber pads...

Donna

New hardtop rubber from SS will cure that problem. Easy, cheap, and immediate fix is masking tape, like used for painting, under the worn out rubber, will keep the rubber separated from Vicki's paint.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
It has new!

The rubber pads were replaced new in 2004 from British Victoria when the hard top was restored. So the pads are like new, put the very few times they were left on the car they discolored the paint. After one year stored inside maybe it will be fine, nothing I can about it now anyway.

Donna
:D