• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1963 Alpine Sunbeam

S

STiFan

Just wondering about the car, I picked one up fairly cheap, and was just curious about the car, Rarity? I think I heard there was only about 5000 made? Do I have anything special here? Thanks in advance, Ive read around here on your forum and it has some good info!!!

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Hi, and welcome!
Check the "Technical Data" section at the top of the page, and look over the "Series Alpine..." article. It'll fill you in on what you've got. The VIN plate is under the hood, on the right side of the car. While you're under there, check the engine serial number. It's stamped into the block, on a flat facing up on the right side, also. Just forward of the oil filter on many cars... just rear of the fan belt and hoses about halfway down the side of the engine. If this number matches your car's VIN, then you have the original engine. On many cars, though, the engine has been replaced for a variety of possible reasons.
The VIN has some information about factory options, but after forty-plus years, they may have been removed or replaced with something else, too. Keep this in mind before you buy a bunch of parts. Lots of info here in the forum, and lots more available from the home page of the site. Click on the "Invasion" link, too, to find out about the world famous Sunbeam Invasion get-togethers on Labor Day weekend.

Good luck, and happy motoring!
Ken in Columbus

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Welcome to Sunbeaming!

STiFan,
Your first great luck is your in Ohio, you are in the center of Alpine guru fix it guys and parts available area :D
those of us down South in Oklahoma have to ship are parts in from Ohio, Cali, New York or even across the big pond. We will all here on the forum give our help some great suggestions some opinionated ones, but all that really matters is to "get it back on the road".
I got caught Sunday driving my Alpine, husbands co-worker had to comment on it, I saw this blue Sunbeam cruising town, was that your wife?
YEP she does that on sunny days :rolleyes:

Donna
:D

S

STiFan

Im in Northeast Ohio, I actually bought the car awhile ago, and havn't had time to do anything with it because I recently bought a house, and have been wrapped up in that, and working on my other car. And we put it on ebay last night. I am still thinking of doing somthing with it if it doesnt go to high in price.