• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Series II Wheels & Hubcaps

gearheadgirl

Donation Time
I have the wire wheels on the car. Just wondering:
A) Are the steel wheels available anywhere?
B) Are the hubcaps available anywhere?
C) Anyone know how much these items would be (or for trade)?
Thanks!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Depends if you want factory correct, or just sunbeam correct.

The series 1 and 2 both had different wheels ( number and shape of slotted holes) and narrower than the later wheels. The early cars also used a different hubcap to the series 3 onwards and a trim ring around the rim, later cars sv used wheel embellishers.

The wheels should be easy to find on the forum, especially if you are happy to have the later style wheels, also coming to other routes cars, minx, scepter, arrow range cars . the late style hubcaps and embellishers are available repro from Various suppliers in USA and UK.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
IF you change over to the steel wheels, I guess you know the hubs are also changed out to "Bolt" style.

Interesting POST a few days ago on the wire hubs to 4 bolt hubs.....

DanR

P.S. How about sending a PIC if the 1964 International Travelall, I had a couple of the 1200 4x4's in Alaska.