• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Mazda Powered Alpine B9106052LRX For Sale on BaT

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's mine, :) Its been a great fun reliable fun car but unfortunately its time to pass it on due to a change in my personal circumstances. Not sure how responsive the consignment dealer is to questions or knowledge but I'm very happy to answer any questions as it been my baby and I did all the mods....
All the parts that I have been collecting over the years will be sorted out, I may let them go with the car as a bonus if the price is right, there will be lots of other goodies offered here too.
Cheers!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wondering why you would consign a dealer as you are likely to be able to respond to the questions and the nits that are picked.
I suppose there's a better chance that BaT caters to dealers more the 1X sellers since it's sale to Hertz I believe.

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm sure there will be PLENTY nits picked by all the key board warriors that never actually bid on anything......
Correct! he is a preferred dealer with BAT and can get a quick turn around on listing applications. Also his location is just minutes away from where I store my cars and he offered so it was a no brainer for me to let them handle the sale. Cheers!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking at your trans mount, it looks almost like a stock Alpine mount, yet different.
What mount is that?

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
its been a while but i thought i used a dodge colt master cylinder, I will check as i still have an empty box. For some reason this also rings a bell
I will check
I used the existing Alpine trans mount and just reworked it and added the Miata mount, it all lined up pretty well.
Cheers

alpine_64

Donation Time
Looks like the car was a sorted driver.
The exhaust note is good for an MX5...tour own system or mazda aftermarket headers?

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks! It was never going to win any “best in show awards” just wanted a very fun reliable car that I could leave for a month or so and know it would start right up with no problems. Hopefully it will be up to next person to sort the finer visual points off.
The exhaust was the original Miata header tweaked to fit then the stainless system from Rick at SS.
I did make the rear convertible top metal covers removable so I was able to get the top stowed with the safety hoop bar In place (clearly not done for the listing pics)
Cheers!