• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1961 Series II For Sale in Reno

atallamcs

Donation Time
I have been busy and have not kept in touch. I hope everyone is well and enjoying their Sunbeams.
I will be selling the last of my Sunbeams. This fresh restoration does justice to a great car. I have extensive photos for serious buyers. It comes with two sets of wheels, hard and soft top (new), tires have less than five miles on them. A very long list for an extensive restoration. Contact me, Bill Atalla—707-363-2676. Photo requests atallamcs@aol.com Thanks!

Attachments

• 02747788-3ED1-41EC-BB79-0CB398764D29.jpeg
    02747788-3ED1-41EC-BB79-0CB398764D29.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 840667DB-57D1-4790-B063-EFBF87A71529.jpeg
    840667DB-57D1-4790-B063-EFBF87A71529.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 9A7A72FB-9EC9-499E-89AC-5FB14B563255.jpeg
    9A7A72FB-9EC9-499E-89AC-5FB14B563255.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 3FA6F591-8EB5-48D9-B03D-682329A816D8.jpeg
    3FA6F591-8EB5-48D9-B03D-682329A816D8.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 147
  • C5058442-F6C9-456E-B4FC-9B4CB8B8441D.jpeg
    C5058442-F6C9-456E-B4FC-9B4CB8B8441D.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 146

atallamcs

Donation Time
Just some details.

Attachments

• 43FB7C9A-3576-4251-865C-2B55CEBEDEA5.jpeg
    43FB7C9A-3576-4251-865C-2B55CEBEDEA5.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DD33A0BD-590A-4865-92A1-9803ED824331.jpeg
    DD33A0BD-590A-4865-92A1-9803ED824331.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 85

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sold to the East coast or the West coast? Nice car-hope it went to someone here.

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
I have been busy and have not kept in touch. I hope everyone is well and enjoying their Sunbeams.
I will be selling the last of my Sunbeams. This fresh restoration does justice to a great car. I have extensive photos for serious buyers. It comes with two sets of wheels, hard and soft top (new), tires have less than five miles on them. A very long list for an extensive restoration. Contact me, Bill Atalla—707-363-2676. Photo requests atallamcs@aol.com Thanks!
Beautiful car.
Love what you did. I want to improve a Carnival Red '61 and am looking at wheels and spot lights/fog lamps. Can you give me some guidance...currently thinking Panasport wheels and replica Lucas lamps.
The hardtop is in good condition, original black. I like the look of the color matched top, but does it take a lot away from the "original" status?

atallamcs

Donation Time
Beautiful car.

Love what you did. I want to improve a Carnival Red '61 and am looking at wheels and spot lights/fog lamps. Can you give me some guidance...currently thinking Panasport wheels and replica Lucas lamps.
The hardtop is in good condition, original black. I like the look of the color matched top, but does it take a lot away from the "original" status?
Call me to discuss. No problem. 707-363-2676 Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I will be selling the last of my Sunbeams.

Love all those nice creations you have made! Best of wished to you on whatever you entertain to do:)

Curious as to whether you have had any dealings with front spring suspension in the Alpines? I am attempting to have some made perhaps to better support the 2.8 v6.

I was given your name as a possible source for knowledge of the Front Coils for the Alpine and or Tigers. Any comments, suggestions or ideas in regards to "handling improvements" will be appreciated,

atallamcs

Donation Time
Love all those nice creations you have made! Best of wished to you on whatever you entertain to do:)

Curious as to whether you have had any dealings with front spring suspension in the Alpines? I am attempting to have some made perhaps to better support the 2.8 v6.

I was given your name as a possible source for knowledge of the Front Coils for the Alpine and or Tigers. Any comments, suggestions or ideas in regards to "handling improvements" will be appreciated,
The springs are a tricky deal. I usually run stock but my Alpine Series IV race car ran Tiger springs.
Thanks for the kind words.
Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Bill, It seems the Tiger Springs might be the way to go yet! Trying to find some to test,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks Bill, It seems the Tiger Springs might be the way to go yet! Trying to find some to test,
Dan, tiger springs will sit the car higher, if you adjusted a set of stock tiger springs to be shorter it might work for you, but that will increase rate.

Aftermarket tiger springs are likely to be very stiff on an alpine.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I figured that... But, just wanted to "test" them .

I put a spring from one of my SV's in the mail to Eaton for their evaluation. Hoping to get something that will work!

I would really like for my SV Blue Boy V6 to sit just about 1 to 1 1/2" taller in the front. At least that is my goal,

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Call me to discuss. No problem. 707-363-2676 Bill
Hi Bill,
Thank you for the offer. In fact, I don't actually own the car yet, but everything should be finalized in the next few days, so I will follow up later.

The car belongs to a good friend, who had a major restoration done in the early seventies including a professional paint job from the bare metal. When I first saw the car, it was at the primer stage. The car is mostly stock, including overdrive transmission from a '63, a new soft roof replaced a couple of years ago, and everything is in working condition.

We both belong to a classic british car club, and have taken many trips together over years. I've owned a MGB, TR8, british motorcycles, and my current ride is a '91 Lotus Elan M100 which I got 10 years ago. He has owned and/or rebuilt at least 7 classic cars since the Alpine, and is now down to 4 cars including the Alpine.

He is retired and wanting to move some of these cars to simplify his life. Knowing that I've always loved his car, and was never able to find a good driveable candidate which was affordable, he made me an offer I could'nt refuse. You know the kind...

Since we have a short season, our cars are stored in winter, but will now be put back on the road as of May 1. Tomorrow will be the first day, that the car will be out, so I'll have time to drive it and confirm that I want to move ahead.

I will keep you updated.
Bernie

Hoghead

Silver Level Sponsor
QA1 Mustang ll coil over shocks and choose the spring rate you need. Tigers like 400 - 450 lb
The Mll spring pad is half the thickness and fits
Coil over is height adjustable
You can lower the bottom shock mount if you wish