• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1947 race

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
That is great stuff. Can you imagine buying one of those surplus and flying out to the races?

I went to the home page and checked out some of the other years.

Not too far from here at Bradley international the NEAM has a couple of the early to mid-30's racers.

Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Twin Boom P51?

Rick,

Just announced in the paper this weekend that Glendale Airport will display a B24, B17 and P51 dual control from 21-24 April. I'd go except I spent my entertainment allowance for the month buying Guiness to get a friend drunk enough to part with a gear shift knob a few weeks back...:D

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

oops, should have checked first. Not twin boom. Front and back seat...

I'll post pictures....

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The collings Foundation buildings are not too far from my house. They use to be right down the road from my office until I moved my office back to Framingham. Great collection of cars and planes... though the big stuff resides in California I believe.

I tried to get the Collings to allow me to have the photo session on their property for Hemmings Sports and Classics when they published the article on the Sports Car Forum Alpine. That didn't work out but Skip Barbar let me use Lime Rock in the afternoon on a weekday. (great time, the school ended early so I ended up with about an hour and a half of free track time)

When I first moved to New England the Collings B-17 would fly low and slow over my house on occasion during the summer. I haven't seen it in some time but then they stopped attending the air show in New Hampshire. So, perhaps they don't make the trip up any longer.

Steve