• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1600cc oilpump repair kits + camshafts

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
This is to inform you that Rootes Parts in Holland is now able to supply early oil pump repair kits suitable for Series I-IV. Haven't tried them yet by myself but we got a good report from a club mate. Appearantly the shaft is hardened and therefore offering better quality than the ones coming from UK. Worthwhile to add that he also provides STD camshafts for 1600/1725cc. I'm using one in my ongoing 1600cc rebuild and the fit is excellent. Let's see how it performs in the long run. See the link attached:

http://www.rootesparts.com/id151.htm

mikephillips

Donation Time
They need to supply the original size line from the early pump to block too with the compression fittings. I tried to replace one at a tubing/hose place here in Cincinnati at one point and while they could make new later oil cooler lines they couldn't duplicate the oil line, telling me that the diameter was an obsolete size and they couldn't get the compression fittings, not even listed in their catalogs to order.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
I never had an issue with the oil supply line but it's an interesting topic. Was always under the impression that the copper tubing and olives are standard dimensions but never confirmed that. Will take some measurements...

mikephillips

Donation Time
The main reason at the time I'd asked about the oil line too was that the original assembly had left a very slight dimple where the compression fittings were and I was concerned that new fittings might not seal properly if the tube wasn't flat all around. This was at a shop that made lines for hobbyists up to big companies industrial equipment, so when they said they had no listings and it was an obsolete diameter, had no reason to disbelieve them. Ended up using and different original line.