• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

15yrs of dust

norville

Donation Time
OK here we go, I brought the motor in again popped the top and chucked it up i my drill. I ran it for 5mins or so and then pulled the side off removed most of the tar in there and relubed it. I put it back in the car and it nearly removed all the smoke in my neg wire. I then bypassed the wiring (I believe it's mostly new) Used my jumper set and it ran I slow at first then picked up. Still I think I'll just bypass the harness and run one wire to ground and one to the ignition and use a single pole switch I have here.

Am I correct in thinking these early cars do not have a park?

bob

norville

Donation Time
OK moving along, I have most of the dash wired and working. The wipers are good to go and the blower motor is working. I found that my turn signal unit is bad. I ordered a new one. I pulled this one apart and made it work. Brake switch is working.

Next is the steering wheel. I believe I have all the correct parts but Where does the wire in the horn ring go? looks to be a ground - black with a bullet connector on it???? Also what holds the horn ring in place?? the 3 screws on the side of the hub?

next on the list
1. new heater control slider cables
2. fix blinker indicators
3. steering wheel
4. carpet yes, I'm avoiding this one...
5. drop tranny to put in new seals

bob

norville

Donation Time
A few pics I took her for a spin. Pretty quick. I adjusted the valves and got rig of my exhaust tick.

bob

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23

norville

Donation Time
Good! Nice looking car. What's the latest on the tranny?

Bill

thank you,

I squeezed in some lucas stop leak in there and ordered some new seals front and rear. It's leaking but not as bad and it really did not take as much new fluid as I expected. My TO bearing is a little noisy but I''ll look at that when I drop the trans if the clutch is OK I will leave that tranny in there if I have to drop any $$ I may just swap it.

bob