• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

13 inch tires

65beam

Donation Time
I was in Walmart yesterday and they carry a 175-70 made by Douglas for $43.00 per tire. They're just a regular every day tire, not a performance tire.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I never get tires from Walmart.....Goodyear, for example, made to lesser specs for Walmart Stores.

I bought a new set of 13" General tires a year ago.....

65beam

Donation Time
Walmart still has to sell tires that meet DOT specs. It's a liability issue.
I never get tires from Walmart.....Goodyear, for example, made to lesser specs for Walmart Stores.

I bought a new set of 13" General tires a year ago.....

67Survivor

Donation Time
I am running on a tire Called Maxtour GT Radial. They were under $300 Canadian for a set of four. They look pretty good on the car and they are a decent tire, but because I drive like an idiot, I am tempted to spring for an expensive tire with less sidewall flex.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
This also might be the ideal time to upgrade to 14" wheels - if your not hung up on originality.

mightyohm

Donation Time
I bought Maxxis radials from Coker Tire. They have a 5/8" whitewall. Not really a performance tire but they seem to stand up to my abuse and work well enough.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
An excellent tyre is the Continental Eco Contact 3. It comes in 165/80 R 13 (which is very close to original Alpine size). This is a premium tyre, very quiet and with good across the board ratings.