• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

13" and whitewall tires..

John Boggis

Donation Time
These are the tires I have on my SIV They are the same spec as the factory tires 600x13 with 1" whitewalls. ( see pic below or click on my web page to see how period correct these tires look)
The car rides very well on these tires and the steering feels just right.
Remember the Alpines suspension was set up for these tires.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Where did you get them, John? From that eBay seller or ? And what brand are they?

John Boggis

Donation Time
Where did you get them, John? From that eBay seller or ? And what brand are they?

I got them from a UK tire supplier who in turn imported them in from the US.

I had to wait eight weeks for delivery !

They are made by BF Goodrich...the guy on Ebay has them listed on his site at $150.99 about the same price as I paid, not cheap but they do give that same factory look.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pep-Boys for way way less than that! Scott Christie turned me on to these. May not be exactly the same whitewall stripe but pretty close.

Paul

Alp5.jpg

John Boggis

Donation Time
Pep-Boys for way way less than that! Scott Christie turned me on to these. May not be exactly the same whitewall stripe but pretty close.

Paul

Alp5.jpg

So besides being a different size not having a 1" whitewall and being a radial instead of bias the tires are pretty close !! :rolleyes:

Sownman

Donation Time
These are the tires I have on my SIV They are the same spec as the factory tires 600x13 with 1" whitewalls. ( see pic below or click on my web page to see how period correct these tires look)
The car rides very well on these tires and the steering feels just right.
Remember the Alpines suspension was set up for these tires.

I'm just ready to finish off my wheels and buy ww tires. In the thumbnail
John the wheel looks more beige than grey. I thought the wheels were painted sea foam grey ? Maybe its just the picture or my monitor. How would you describe that color ?

Funny thing is when I opened the box of factory wheels that came with my Tiger I had one black, one lt grey, one lt tan.

Steve

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
That wheel thumbnail pic looks like the right color to me (on my monitor).

John Boggis

Donation Time
I'm just ready to finish off my wheels and buy ww tires. In the thumbnail
John the wheel looks more beige than grey. I thought the wheels were painted sea foam grey ? Maybe its just the picture or my monitor. How would you describe that color ?

Funny thing is when I opened the box of factory wheels that came with my Tiger I had one black, one lt grey, one lt tan.

Steve

The color of the painted wheels is a bit of a strange one...it is called Foam grey but it does looks more of a cream color than grey !

You can get a better look at the wheels by clicking on my Alpines web-site below.

Sownman

Donation Time
Well when compared to the balmorel grey car it does look grey more that tan.
There appears to be a gloss to it as well, kind of medium rather than high gloss. Has anyone identified a modern spray paint that is correct for the steel wheels ?

Steve