• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

10AC Alternator

jfcroni

Donation Time
I'd like to replace the 6X diodes in my Lucas 10AC alternator. Has anyone done this? When I opened the alternator to inspect it, I found the insulation on the wires connecting the diodes melted. Since the car isn't running yet and hasn't in 25 years, I don't know if it's a good or bad alternator. What are you guys using as a replacement?

Attachments

• Alternator small (8).jpg
    Alternator small (8).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
A lot of us use a Hitachi 14231, available at just about any part store for about $50. Typically listed as the alternator for a 1980 Nissan 720 pickup.

You can find a lot of posts about it by searching this forum for 14231

Tom

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, essentially a one wire, but not quite. It has a built in regulator, but in addition to the main B+ wire , it has a warning light wire and also "remote sense" wire so that it can maintain the desired output voltage at a point in the system other than right at the B+ terminal.

Tom