• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

101 Cars You Must Drive

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all:

I just saw a "teaser" for the Speed Channel program 101 Cars You Must Drive.

The teaser included a quick image of a Sunbeam, a Tiger, I think, for the July 21st program. It flashed by pretty quickly, so I cannot say for certain if it was an Alpine or a Tiger. At any rate, I suspect it will be on the upcoming program. Check your cable listings.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Paul-I found out about this show two weeks ago and have been watching it since. The host is not too knowledgeable about cars but he has a lot of fun and it is good for a few laughs every show. It would be nice to be able to drive and compare all of those cars! Eric

Tullamore

Donation Time
Anyone notice something odd?

74 seconds :confused:

Specifications
Engine: 260-ci OHV V-8
Horsepower: 164
0–60 mph: 74 seconds
Top Speed: 122 miles per hour
Price New: $3,659
Value Now: You won't find a rust-free, sorted example for less than $20,000. Nice ones are more like $30,000. Add $10,000 for the Mk. II.

Duke

Donation Time
And "the most well-known Sunbeam of all time" ? Gimme a break! :mad:

Don't be a hater.

I had a guy drive by while I was at a light and say "Hey!...Nice Alpine........(then he saw the Tiger badge).....uhhhhhhh, TIGER!" Either way, it was a complement.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Last nights show

I think it would be fun to eavesdrop on the MGA Owners website today. Don't think they'd be real happy with the discription of their car's issues...

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Actually, also being an MG club member, I think most MGA owners would appreciate the humor. My MG club did a road trip a few weeks ago and one of the MGAs had a generator fail. No problem, someone else had a spare. It too turned out to be bad.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
101 Cars

I'm wondering how much of a car guy Mr. Boldin is. I thought he was funny in Last Comic Standing.

With Leno leaving the tonight show, I'm hoping Jay takes some time off and comes back with a real car guy series of TV programs.