• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1/4 light (windwing)gaskets for Rapier

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, need the rubbers for my series 1 Rapier. Kip has them for over $500/pair. Found in England for $400. Has anybody identified a reasonable substitute than can be made to work?
I've been told that only the gaskets from 2 door audax will work, not the 4 door versions.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well there are minx and gazelle 2dr roadsters.

There is a guy in Queensland Australia that was doimg 1/4 window gaskets for rootes cars. Ill try and get his details

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I got a set rubbers for my Singer from Scott’s Old Rubber in Australia. Fit well and a reasonable price.

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the suggestions.
Scott's no longer supplies this gasket.
I contacted a guy in Australia a year or so who did sell them but no longer. I got my windshield gaskets from him. I think he might be the one in Queensland.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks for the suggestions.
Scott's no longer supplies this gasket.
I contacted a guy in Australia a year or so who did sell them but no longer. I got my windshield gaskets from him. I think he might be the one in Queensland.
That would have been hin. Murray maybe?

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Old auto rubber is Scott and is NLA. Thanks

Looks like the $400 pair on E-bay is the best bet. Seems like something the Rapier club in England could re-produce. I guess not enough Rapiers left to make it worthwhile...