• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1/4 light (windwing)gaskets for Rapier

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, need the rubbers for my series 1 Rapier. Kip has them for over $500/pair. Found in England for $400. Has anybody identified a reasonable substitute than can be made to work?
I've been told that only the gaskets from 2 door audax will work, not the 4 door versions.

Well there are minx and gazelle 2dr roadsters.

There is a guy in Queensland Australia that was doimg 1/4 window gaskets for rootes cars. Ill try and get his details

I got a set rubbers for my Singer from Scott’s Old Rubber in Australia. Fit well and a reasonable price.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Scott's no longer supplies this gasket.
I contacted a guy in Australia a year or so who did sell them but no longer. I got my windshield gaskets from him. I think he might be the one in Queensland.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Scott's no longer supplies this gasket.
I contacted a guy in Australia a year or so who did sell them but no longer. I got my windshield gaskets from him. I think he might be the one in Queensland.
That would have been hin. Murray maybe?

Old auto rubber is Scott and is NLA. Thanks

Looks like the $400 pair on E-bay is the best bet. Seems like something the Rapier club in England could re-produce. I guess not enough Rapiers left to make it worthwhile...

Back