• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1/4" fuel line

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Does anyone have a source for 1/4" ID plastic fuel line?

Thanks,
Jim

Why would you want the plastic fuel line? Yes some had it originlly I know.Plastic can become brittle with heat or even melt in extreme cases.When this happens a fire can start.How do I know ? Experience thats how.other than the fuel line no damage happened.I was lucky that day.
I would say go metal and be safe.

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
On my 66 the car was equipped with flexible (nylon or polyprop) fuel line fron the tank to the carbs. all the fittings are specifically designed for the this type of tubing. I think I have found a replacement tubing. I specialize in injection molding design not extrudsions, but I'd bet the factory tubing is actually polypropylene. Now I need one of the reverse screw on fittings. Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks,
Jim

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
You don't want PP, you want nylon. The original black fuel line in nylon. I think the old Jags use the same line. Do a search on Jag fuel line

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Thanks Jan,
I've done some research on this one. There doesn't appear to be a manufacturer of black nylon tubing of this ID and OD. Nylon 11 and polypropylene have similar properties depending on the compound. Ive compared the original tubing with Polypropylene side by side and there are virtually indistinguishable. I will agree that I cannot find a polypropylene that is rated for fuel.

I will check the Jag fuel line suggestion.

Thanks,
Jim

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I just found a source in Arkansas. I have requested a 5 foot sample. If this works I plan on re-plumming the entire car. The one unknown now is the 90° bend at the fuel pump outlet. I will try a heat assisted bend here.

I will still need one more fitting if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Jim