• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

brake master cyl

Gentlemen: Here in Frostbite Falls Mn we put our alpines away for the -40 degree weather and in my case am surprised in the spring when I find I have no brakes. Somehow the fluid likes to run out of the master and down the inside of the firewall. It is great paint remover. Anyone else have...
  2. C

upper ball joints for series 2

anyone have excellent used or nos upper ball joints for a series 2?
  3. C

Traction Bars

Gentlemen: Thanks for your input. Consider this: Once again, the v-6 conversion, Jose kit, t-5 tranny and cut down alpine and t-bird driveshaft. I find that about 60 mph when I let off the gas I get a noticable vibration in the seat of my pants. I'm sure it is noticable at other speed also...
  4. C

exhaust

Gentlemen: I have the 2.8 conversion. I had the muffler shop build a exhaust system. The exhaust comes out ahead of each rear wheel. It's fine except the mufflers are toooooo loud. Anyone know the brand and numbers of a quiet pair of mufflers to replace these annoying things I have? The...
  5. C

body part

Gentlemen: On the series 2 you have a chrome piece that goes on the gas filler pipe. Inside of that chrome piece is a grommet that I think goes over the filler pipe and then around the body sheet metal to hold that chrome piece in place around the filler tube and onto the body. Any advice on...
  6. C

Minnesota 66 alpine

I have a 66 alpine for sale with 3 options. Restore with the existing engine for the purist or drop the 74 mustang 2.8 in for a the v-6 conversion or use the 1983 capri donor car with running 302 h.o. ram air with 4 speed and posi for an alger conversion. The alpine is a little rough but too...
  7. C

series 2 chrome door pillar

Gentlemen; I'm looking for the chrome pillar for the drivers side door. It guides the front of the door glass. It needs to be in excellent but not show condition. E-mail me at joereiwer@gmail.com. Thanks
  8. C

series 2 tops

Gentlemen: This series 2 soft top I have that came with the car is a 3-window. Is this a sunbeam compatible top or am I about to fit a MG top on an alpine? I don't recall seeing a sunbeam with such a top. Also. do any of you know where there are top to windshield gaskets for sale? What are...
  9. C

comments and questions

Gentlemen;Jose,thanks for the excellent kit and being a visionary. One gentlemen posted a question and doubted if he were up to the v-6 conversion. If you follow Jose's and Jim Ellis's instructions, buy the kit[ a must] you will find it to be quite simple. The real cost is in the engine work...
  10. C

Equus Speedo and Tachs

Gentlemen: Has anyone had any experience with the equus gauges? Does the tach work with the v-6. I see that it doesn't work well or is not recommended with dis-ignitions. What about the speedo? They are fairly attractive and quite reasonably priced? I saw them at O'reilleys.
  11. C

fire...fire...

Here is the question: Series ll with the v-6 conversion. I assume because of the 1-wire alternator, the battery needs to be installed with a negative ground. I see now after my under dash fire that the wiring system is positive ground. How do we get all the lights and gauges to work? Do we...
  12. C

fire...fire...

Looks like we could use a little help on the wiring of a v-6 conversion. I played around with trying to get positive ground series ll gauges to work with a negative ground battery installation and managed to get a fire under the dash. The question is....what is the procedure for the wiring...
  13. C

fans and stuff

Gentlemen; Iinstalled a 14" flexolite fan on the v-6 and had to trim about one eighth of an inch off the blades to clear the crank pulley. It seemed to work great until I drove the car a little. When I returned there were big chunks of the fan missing. Did the torque of the motor do this, or...
  14. C

Clutch question

Greetings; I remember reading a post about using a clutch stop to prevent the meltdown of the clutch plate or was it the pressure plate. I am running the stock alpine series 2 clutch master cylinder to a willwood pull slave. This is hooked up to the Jose-tweaked 2.8 engine and the excellent...
  15. C

Running Gear Woes

I have the series ll with the full Jose kit and performance parts. It sounds mean enough alright but I can't drive it because I'm getting binding(i think) between the throwout bearing (sleeve ?) and the clutch plate center nipple. I think I have the t-5 from the 90's mustang v-6. The mustang...
  16. C

alpine wiring schematic

Greetings Alpine lovers: My series 2 lives. At least the nasty-sounding Jose V-6 does. The wiring was all over the place when I bought the car and I wondered if someone could post the series 2 schematic? So far all I have is the oil pressure gauge working(75 lbs at idle).Thanks again to...
  17. C

Attention V-6 Conversion Folks

Since my engine and car was disassembled when I bought it and I am installing the 2.8 V-6 with Jose's recommended mods, would any of you be willing to post a diagram showing the coolant hose routing, including the heater core and also the routing and location of the vacuum lines? I have the...
  18. C

Question about steering wheels

Does Grant or any other company make a replacement wheel for the Alpine series II for around $100.00? I intend to try to repair the cracks in the old series II wheel. Has anyone else tried fiberglass to fix the separations in the wheel this way? Also, I would like to know exactly what the...
  19. C

More Gauge Questions

Gentlemen: Thank you guys who posted the part numbers. The throttle stuff and air cleaner is just a toll-free call to Jegs. The shift lever from Georgia is real nice and $39.00 to your door. Here in the frozen north, we are rural enough to not have access to big auto stores and...
  20. C

Calling all smart guys

Gentelmen: I'm addressing these questions to the forum site, hoping to clear up some things for myself and other builders of this conversion. Radiator: Men of experience, could you go through the whole radiator conversion sequence, IE; transforming the inlet and outlet, especially the...