• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Fuel pump cam follower damaged

So Sunbeam Specialties is out of stock on the spacer. Who else carries them?
  2. M

If I go with an electric pump any suggestions?
  3. M

No spacer. I had no idea there was one required.
  4. M

That might be the problem. I got the car with the engine disassembled and a box accessory parts. One of which was the fuel pump.
  5. M

I'm swapping the cam in my SIV and when I removed the current cam (1.5 years old) there are three deep scars on the fuel pump cam. The fuel pump is a glass bowel type that has worked great. What is going on? And how do I prevent this on the new cam? Thanks!
  6. M

Cam Recommendations

The Compression is 115. The Vissard Mods to the head did lower the compression. I tested it with the spark plugs in the cylinders not being tested. I have no idea what the overlap is like on this cam. Everything inside this engine is new and it only has about 150 miles on it.
  7. M

Cam Recommendations

Thanks guys! I am going to talk to Elgin cams in Santa Rosa on Monday and see what they can do. I will be re-jetting per Rootes Racers recommendations when the cam is back in.
  8. M

Cam Recommendations

So I am back to what size cam should I be using? Would the Holbay E128 profile be appropriate?
  9. M

Cam Recommendations

Hi all, I had the day off and was able to get the info everyone asked for. So here it is. Compression: 115 Ignition: stock rebuilt distributor with an electronic ignition DCOE Jetting: idle jet: 55F2 Main Jet: 125 Emulsion tube: F15 Choke tube: 30 I would like to auto cross this car. I have...
  10. M

Cam Recommendations

Hi all, Things are calming down and I am back to working on the Alpine and I need a lift and duration recommendation for a cam. This is what I have got. Block: 1592cc bored .040 over Pistons: Hepolite flat tops .o4o over Con rods: These were made for Alpine Racing and bring the piston almost to...
  11. M

Its Alive!..and a question...

Bob Hagin's car SIV GT (Street car not that one...) is rebuilt, titled, tagged, and insured :D I got it on the street just before Christmas. Now I have a lot of sorting out to do. This is the first question. I am north of San Francisco and it has been very moist this winter. I have what I can...
  12. M

Koni Shocks?

I have koni adjustables on my SIV. The ride is much stiffer but it goes around corners great!
  13. M

seat belts

My SIV had original seat belts fastened to the floor with oval eye bolts. Sunbeam Specialties sells a good replacement that looks nearly identical except that the floor attachments are bolts and not eyes.
  14. M

Fuel gauge Elec. gremlins

Update on the fuel gauge/ temp gauge problem. Works been crazy so it has taken a long time to post. This is what happened. Some how the temp. Gauge failed internally and produced a short that was causing the step down regulator to over heat and fail. After replacing the step down regulator and...
  15. M

Fuel gauge Elec. gremlins

Hi all, I am having some problems with my fuel gauge. Background: 1. 1964 SIV GT sat for a long time. 2. Converted car from pos. ground to neg. ground 3. Original voltage regulator was shorted out between poles labeled "I" and "E" (got a continuity read). Got solid state voltage regulator...
  16. M

Sunbeam Invasion 20XV

host city? San Francisco
  17. M

New Guy Saying Hi...

T That sounds like a fun project! There are several of us just north of San Francisco. are you near that area or father north? Mike
  18. M

Help with restoration of series 2 Alpine

Remember if you do the vizard mod you have to bump up the compression. Mike
  19. M

Steering Wheel Repair

I used the kit from eastwood and it worked very well. Your wheel is in great condition. Mike
  20. M

"Ambitious project"

I can't believe you guys! The corners on the hood looked great...