• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Eleven

Removing rear spring bush in chassis

Me too Mike. I had the tanks out and thought about using heat but my son and I agreed that burning the car and the garage down that day was a bad plan. I changed everything but those. I feel your frustration!
  2. Eleven

Bent Soft Top B Post

Thanks for the call Dan! I never occurred to me to lift the thing on top of the chrome piece given the nice slots that fit the stay! It all works fine now. Very much appreciate your help!
  3. Eleven

Bent Soft Top B Post

The Sunbeam Channel called that post a B pillar
  4. Eleven

Bent Soft Top B Post

I suck at inserting photos...
  5. Eleven

Bent Soft Top B Post

Ok, I will take one in a bit.
  6. Eleven

Bent Soft Top B Post

I think it is the B Post, the main support for the top that swivels up. Mine will not slot in the chrome piece behind the drivers door. I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find the post. Can anyone direct me to it? Am at a loss trying to correct the problem. Thanks!
  7. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Fixed it. As Mike suggested a bad connection; deep in the depths of Mordor. Worked in a new bullet connector. Thank you all for your help!~
  8. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

OK. Attached a wire to the rear and ran it to the front. Attached the multi meter and got resistance; full disclosure, it could have been the way I had to connect everything. Got zero resistance from the other wires. So, disconnected the jumper wire and checked the bullet connectors, under the...
  9. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Oh, I thought you had to touch both ends of the wire. I'll try that. Thx!
  10. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

I am thinking along the same line but am not sure how to do a continuity test there. There is a single wire going aft, a wire to the front lights and one to the flasher switch. I was trying to figure out how to put a multimeter lead on both sides of the wire going aft...No? Everything works...
  11. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Ha! Maybe. The Brits' call it Bloody MIndedness but I hate stuff that doesn't work. It is also aggravating that these cars are not complicated. So: The left front lights all work and flash. The left rear turn signal does not. The Dash light that indicates the flasher is working comes on and...
  12. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

I should have just left it alone. I traced the fault to the right front blinker bulb...one I had replaced. It was burned out but not in a way I have ever seen before. The filament was intact but there were black marks at the base. The white lens started to break apart when I put it back. Will...
  13. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Jump wired the left turn light in the back to the right to test the steering column stalk. No soap. Wired it back and the left operated properly. Steering switch appears to be okay (see Volvo-guys suggestion above). Video was interesting and informative. Going out today to set up ground wires...
  14. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Banner day; I did something right for once, glad I asked. Thank you Mike. Apparently, I have SIV lenses on my SV car. There is one external screw on the small piece of the lens on top. The unit attaches through two wing nuts on the inside of the body and four or so small screws on the back of...
  15. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Oh, one other thing. According to the WS Manual (SV) I have an L654 tail lamp assembly in the rear. It says that the bulb holders are press fit and can be removed by pulling the bulb holder out. Before I do something stupid, does this work in practice? They seem very tight and not willing to be...
  16. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

I swear; you could throw a rod and it can be traced to a grounding issue...
  17. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

My car was stripped, sandblasted, painted and put back together before I got it. Wonder if the wires on the other side are reversed (but that has nothing to do with the function issue). Nuts, I guess I need to go through it all. I assume (!) that the lights are grounded through the bolts holding...
  18. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Well, that's a thought. Will do it.
  19. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

Thanks Mike. I am not sure what type of flasher I have. I pulled one out and suspect it was the original. I replaced it with a Sunb. Spec. sourced unit. Will look at the box. I am using incandescent bulbs; also sourced from Rick. I will check the bulb again. The odd thing is was that I got the...
  20. Eleven

Turn Signal Issue

The wing nuts are secure. The top one gets to me! I was referring to the front but I have to really look at the grounding there. The lens are very brittle so I hate taking them off and the PO lost the clips so it is held on by sheet metal screws. I have to go out and find the clips and proper...