• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 6

Alpine Tachometer...

Looking for a non-working tach (or 2) for parts...let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks, Paul
  2. 6

AutoMeter 8000 Cobra Tach

Hey Duke, No I got off the list when I sold my Tiger in June. Also there was too much talk about Algers for my tastes...seems like the same silliness kept popping up over and over. Anyways... The LAT22 tachometer looks very much like the early 60s MG Midget, AH Sprite and mid 60s MGB...
  3. 6

AutoMeter 8000 Cobra Tach

If I do one face up at a time it's $55 including Priority Mail shipping back. It would be $35 each (including the same shipping) if I can do up an order of 3 faces at one time. Also it's not a silk-screening but a dry transfer process, there is just not enough volume to make silk-screening...
  4. 6

Standard brake discs

For Dale's Vented Upgrade kit you DO have to SPLIT the calipers. I don't believe in this day and age of lawsuits that Dale would offer something that could basically put him out of business if they were unsafe. Also my calipers before the upgrade were in perfect working order, so I had no...
  5. 6

Standard brake discs

I have Dale's Vented Upgrade on my Tiger. Installation was straight forward with no problems. Only driven the car 100 miles on the brakes, so I am not able to tell you about any differences in stopping quality. I do sleep a bit better knowing I have better brakes but not that much, I feel...
  6. 6

header wrap

Yep...oil line burst...header wrap caught fire...the $pend-o-meter i$ $pinning fa$t...just say no to header wrap. Paul
  7. 6

A new level........

if you search completed auctions you will someone else cashed in with a Buy It Now of $1200 for Book of Norm 2 days later...and tacked on another $14.38 for shipping! CLICK HERE: The Book of Norman Sunbeam Tiger Signed by Norm Completed Ebay auction... Paul
  8. 6

This brings back memories!

If it was cheap, it looks like a good project but if you parted it... hardtop ($700+ on Ebay)...front valance panel ($500+ on Ebay)...wood dash (to restore)...GT window chrome for the side glass (can't buy those)...wire wheel conversion for someone...if the dangling turn signal works then...
  9. 6

Steering column upper bearing greese / oil question..

see my post in the stock Alpine section... Paul
  10. 6

Steering column bearing issue

CraigB, The bearings are like the ones you would find on the front handlebars/fork of a bicycle...only cheaper. I am going by memory from a couple years ago (so I might not be exactly correct in the procedure) but you pretty much have to remove the steering wheel, remove a clip and a nut or...
  11. 6

Ebay: 1963 HILLMAN SuperMinx MKII, Ford 2.8L V-6

Could use some fancier wheels or something else to "jazz up" the exterior...but a good looking car none the less... Click here to see Auction #270437860747 Paul
  12. 6

Explain something to me

Personally I love this car...perfection...other than the Chevy motor-vation :( I think it would draw lots ot attention at cruise nights. Paul
  13. 6

A question for the Tiger (and V6) guys

I am an acceleration junkie so for me...cruising at 25, 55, or 85 for that matter...it's all the same. I like the sound, smell and feel of rowing through the gears from a stand still, while seeing how soon I can get up to the legal speed limit. :rolleyes: On the expressway, cruising along...
  14. 6

Stock Radio Modern Conversion

I was looking at these radios on EvilBay... CLICK HERE FOR: NEW Triumph TR6 1969-76 Style AM FM iPod MP3 USB Radio There is a company in Michigan that does conversions, a friend used them and if I recall they were much more expensive then the people on ebay...but then again they are...
  15. 6

Ross Hulse

That's a shame I have talked with Ross a number of times. My family's thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. My wife suffers to this day from a closed head injury 20+ years ago...it's life changing. Paul Ross' Alpine...
  16. 6

Ford 260 V8 Long Block ** For Free!!!!!

very cool Slant 6. What are future generations gonna crave? I just have hard time seeing horsepower being dumped on a regular basis for originality. Seems like too many Tigers are already too far to the dark side (to steal from the V6 Alpine guys). I thought about collecting stock parts...
  17. 6

Not trying to pick a fight with you. I applaud you for keeping your 260 with your car, and I applaud people even more for keeping it in the car and keeping it stock down to the carb and air cleaner, stock exhaust manifolds...I think people who do that are great. I have nothing against...
  18. 6

...that's purely conjecture on his part...there is no way to prove or disprove his claim. Paul
  19. 6

...I don't believe it's an original engine and I know that he just built another 260 for his Tiger. It's pretty common for people just to dump their original 260s, few buyers seem to care. Paul
  20. 6

Jeff, I might just have to wander over to your place... Paul