• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H One-Twenty

FS: Holbay Valve Cover

Genuine Holbay cast-aluminium valve cover in good condition $90 +shipping Please no posts or PM's. Email: stuartytx at hotmail,com
  2. H One-Twenty

Overdrive Unit

This is my 'spare' overdrive unit; it is from a later (67-) 'arrow' series car, I have a similar one fitted to my SIV (using a modified trans mount). This unit was in working condition when removed (so I was told at the time) but has not been tested. It turns smoothly with no grinding or...
  3. H One-Twenty

Holbay Cylinder Head

I have a genuine Holbay cylinder head for sale (as factory-fitted to the Rapier H120 and Hunter GLS). The head has been to the machine shop for evaluation - pitting to cylinders 1 & 4 and some water jacket corrosion which will require welding (see photographs) I supplied two Holbay heads...
  4. H One-Twenty

Parts Clearout

I'm relocating and I don't want to move these parts (again); I have no need for them. Most are from a SIV auto. If no-one wants this stuff it will likely go for scrap :( No posts or PM's - Please email me: stuartytx at h0tmail,com 5 original steel wheels in vgc (see pic) I have a nice set...
  5. H One-Twenty

Parts Clearout

Sorry, posted in wrong section - moved to 'For Sale'
  6. H One-Twenty

Hardtop Seal/Gasket

Does anyone have a picture of how the hardtop to windshield-frame gasket should be trimmed? Should I fit the weather strip for along the top of the door glass first and trim it to fit with that? Thanks
  7. H One-Twenty

Bennett Collection Imp

Up for auction next weekend; no reserve: http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12&ID=r150&Order=runorder&feature=grouping=
  8. H One-Twenty

Cheap(er) gear reduction starter

Has anyone tried to fit one of these starters to their Alpine? http://www.rareelectrical.com/p-11991-gear-reduction-starter-motor-plymouth-cricket-sunbeam-alpine-16118-16123-16146.aspx Though they're are a bit cheaper it looks like they can't be 'clocked' like the Gustafson starters can; I...
  9. H One-Twenty

Fastener sizes

Can someone let me know what size screws are needed for the following: 'soft top to rear body seal' hardtop side window hinges hardtop catches (that attach it to the windscreen and to the trunk hinges) hardtop rubber corner pads I don't have any of the original fasteners. S. P.S. its...
  10. H One-Twenty

SIV/V Steering Wheel

Looking for a stock steering wheel in reasonable shape for a reasonable price. I'd like one with no splits in the hub, cracks are ok as I can fill and paint those. The rim condition is less important as I'll likely leather wrap it. I don't need the centre cap or horn ring.
  11. H One-Twenty

Trunk wiring loom

How is the wiring loom routed through the trunk in a SIV? I didn't remove it from the car, so from the grommet above the parking brake back I can see no trace of where it goes. I'm guessing it runs up over the wheel arch and behind the tank then along by the balance pipe to the right side. Both...
  12. H One-Twenty

Hard Top Fittings

I'm looking for the rear hold-down fittings for the factory SIII/IV/V hardtop (that attach it to the trunk hinges). I have one in poor condition, so I'd prefer a pair of good ones or one poor one that I can use in the meantime. Cheers, Stuart
  13. H One-Twenty

1952 Humber 4x4 on craigslist

If I was still in CA I would consider buying this. Years ago my Dad used to buy these (and Bedfords too) from Army surplus auctions and build construction and agricultural equipment from the parts. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2091444018.html
  14. H One-Twenty

59 Minx conv in Texas

No affiliation http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1982139952.html
  15. H One-Twenty

Alpine V8 in Houston

This one is not far from me, never knew of it until I spotted this ad. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1952246794.html
  16. H One-Twenty

Twin 40 weber intake manifold

As mentioned in some of my other posts - I'm looking for an intake manifold to fit twin 40/45 DCOE webers to my 1725 SIV. The car is LHD and I need one that will allow the carbs to clear the steering box. I've been told the 'Redline' manifold will do the job Cheers, Stuart
  17. H One-Twenty

'Goose neck' twin-weber intake manifold

Which intake manifold should I use to fit my 40 DCOE webers to my SIV? I was planning to modify a Holbay intake to suit.. but it won't clear the steering box without major surgery Cheers, Stuart
  18. H One-Twenty

Wanted - Round Corner Trunk Lid

I’m looking again for a round corner trunk lid for my SIV, I though I had already secured a good one, but it is now no longer available to me. I need one that is rust/bondo free and with as few dents as possible. If anyone can help me out, please let me know. Cheers
  19. H One-Twenty

Volvo/MGB Clutch Combo

I am planning on using the Volvo clutch friction disc and MGB pressure plate set up on my SIV (now that I have the correct flywheel for this conversion). However, I have been told that the cluch disc used with an MGB clutch kit is 8" in diameter. The Volvo friction disc I want to use (to fit the...
  20. H One-Twenty

Engine Block Paint

I’m currently rebuilding the engine for my SIV. Can anyone recommend a good quality HT paint for the engine block? The local auto parts stores only seem to carry rattle cans, I was thinking of using brush on paint.