• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Tiger fuel pump

Does anyone know the psi rating on the Tiger fuel pump? Thanks, Russ
  2. A

Anyone driving their car to Road Atlanta

Is anyone driving their car to Road Atlanta for the last vintage of the year this weekend? I'm planning to go over on Sunday. Russ
  3. A

Atlanta British Motorcar Day

Atlanta British Motorcar Day - May 15th - Berry College - Rome, Georgia. This is the 27th year for this event. Until a few years ago, it was held at Chateau Elan. Three or four years ago this event grew too large for the winery. It was moved to Berry College which is one of the most beautiful...
  4. A

Oil pressure sending to guage hose

Does anyone have a supplier for the oil pressure sending unit to guage hose. I cannot find it in the Sunbeam Specialties catalogue. Thanks, Russ
  5. A

Correct MG rack

Which is the correct rack for the Tiger conversion? Thanks, Russ
  6. A

You didn't know him

To my knowlege Eric and Tiger Tom were the only people in the Sunbeam fraternity who knew George Maglackelidge. George was 63 years old and drove an Alpine as his primary transportation for over 30 years (same car). George was not a wealthy man. He kept his car running on used parts many of...
  7. A

Steering rack oil

Has anyone figured out a way to put oil in the steering tube without removing the rack and standing it on it's end. I know what the shop manual says but that was then and this is now. Thanks, Russ
  8. A

Air Cleaner

Is anyone running an Edlebrock Performer intake with an air cleaner which will clear the hood? With my original AC cleaner, I need about 3/4 inch more clearance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Russ
  9. A

Remote oil filter

I am down to the wire with an engine change to be ready for the Berry College British Car Event in Rome, Georgia (May 17). Who sells a remote oil filter setup that will work with CAT headers. Engine is ready to go in but there is interference between the short block mounted filter and the...
  10. A

Door panel source

Does anyone have a source for Tiger 1a door panels? My wife ordered a pair from Rick as a Christmas gift. Assured that they would be delivered before Christmas. Didn't make it. No notification. My irate wife called the day after Christmas and was told that the guy who did their panels had...
  11. A

260 dome top pistons

I am looking for a vendor for 260 dome top pistons. I looked at several websites and all have 289 up but not one 260 so far. I am rebuilding my 260 over the holidays and I am going to try for another 100 or so horsepower. To achieve this I need a higher compression ratio. I don't want to mill...
  12. A

American Racing Wheels "Libre"

I need one American Racing Wheels "Libre" for a spare(thirteen inch of course). Thanks, Russ
  13. A

Jack color

I am down to my last few details on my restoration. Does anyone know the correct color of gray for the jack? My jack has become discolored over the years and I would like to come as close as possible to the original color. Thanks, Russ
  14. A

Atlanta British Motorcar day

This event will be held at Berry College in Rome Georgia on May 19, 2007. This is the event that was moved from Cheateau Elan last year. In their first year at Berry College it drew 398 cars (about 20 Sunbeams). Great event, great location. If you have an interest search Atlanta British Motorcar...
  15. A

Flat rate manual

Does anyone know if Rootes dealers had a flat rate manual for repair work. In 25 years with Sunbeams, I have never heard of one. I am getting into an area of my restoration where it would be very helpful (front suspension rebuild). Thanks, Russ
  16. A

Front shocks Tiger

I need some front shocks today. Does anyone know the Monroe or Gabriel number for the front shock (Can't find my copy of Sunbeam Survivor). Thanks, Russ
  17. A

Panhard rod bushings

I can't find anything on either forum about replacing panhard rod bushings. My shop manual also neglects this area. Has anyone ever done it? Thanks, Russ
  18. A

Original radio and speaker grill photo

Does anyone have a side view photo of an original radio setup. I am down to the radio on my restoration and am installing an original radio setup. I do not have the box (other than the surround for the speaker grill. I need to fabricate one which is hard to do since I don't know exactly what it...
  19. A

Brake fitting size and thread

Does anyone know the Brake fitting size and thread to the rear wheel cylinder on the Series IV alpine? Thanks, Russ
  20. A

Bullet mirrors

Does anyone have a source for bullet style door mirrors which attach from the top with sheet metal screws? Russ