• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. getsmartguy

which brand/model aluminum radiator is best to get?

also too hot conditions are only in summertime when it’s over 85, most days in Sacramento run 95 -105 in summer. even then it does not overheat on freeways, but 90% of my driving ends up being through traffic and street driving - that’s where overheating can occur.
  2. getsmartguy

I will check all these items and get back to you both with more data, thanks for a comprehensive checklist.
  3. getsmartguy

The weather just keeps getting hotter every summer here in Sacramento Ca- and I’m reading a lot about these aluminum radiators, but there a lot of models ranging from $300-$1200. Any advice on which brand and model is best? And what size fans would you recommend, and 1 or two?. And any brands or...
  4. getsmartguy

Headlamp assembly problem- questions

I went to Home Depot and found a stainless steel tapered screw that matches the headlight rim screw on the rh side headlight, and bought the clips that were missing from sunbeam specialties. I didn’t think to order a headlampm- adjuster kit but that’s a good idea. Any idea whether replacing the...
  5. getsmartguy

Thanks for the advice!
  6. getsmartguy

There might have been a clip at one time but there seems to be only one of the, now, the other two are gone, so I found and ordered more clips from sunbeam specialties, now it’s nice and tight. Thanks to you and everyone for the advice.
  7. getsmartguy

What does the original car use to secure the screws?
  8. getsmartguy

Thanks Dan, How do I get back there however without lifting the car up where I can reach in? I don't have a lift.
  9. getsmartguy

Loose Headlamp issues - how to fix?

Don’t know if I a, accidentally posting this twice, if so my apologies. I discovered my drivers side headlamp is loose, and after inspection it looks like a screw was loose or stripped, it wouldn’t tighten. But after I tried using a few replacement screws, I figured out I was screwing into the...
  10. getsmartguy

Hi Alpine friends, I have a question for the group. I noticed recently that the headlight appeared to be loose on the drivers side of my My 67 Alpine. Upon inspection it appeared that one of the two screws that go into the assembly and into the body of the car was loose, possibly stripped. I got...
  11. getsmartguy

big sparks off battery when I try to charge it? Wiring issue?

Thanks Husky, Tony and Hartman, all great advice, I will double back after I have had time to do these items, I'll be back in touch!
  12. getsmartguy

everything was off, and the kill switch was on, killing power.
  13. getsmartguy

Battery kill switch was on, and I did not connect the battery charger first to the battery before plugging in. I dont have a voltmeter, but when my neighbor gets back in town I will borrow his and check it with the kill switch on.
  14. getsmartguy

I've known for some time that there is a small power leakage problem on my 67 Sunbeam Alpine- electrical people I took it to could never find it, so I installed a kill switch under dash that has solved the dead battery issue for about 4 years now. However- recently I noticed the battery seemed...
  15. getsmartguy

175/70/R14 Tires

Say- I’m late to this thread- I’d like to ask the experts if this tire being advertised on eBay will fit my original 13” rims and not rub the sidewalls...
  16. getsmartguy

Fuel Filters

Thanks Todd, where did you install it?
  17. getsmartguy

Fuel Filters

PS- someone else said an EMPI AC1273193 is also good, just looking for some advice as I'm not very knowledgeable on this yet, and am getting the car over to the shop this Tuesday, thanks.
  18. getsmartguy

Fuel Filters

Say, is the Carter P4070 the very best Electric fuel pump to put into an Alpine? I need to replace mine, and read this thread. I see the price is pretty low on the unit, so I'm wondering is there a higher model that either runs cooler, runs quester, or is simply better? I only want to do this...