• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Restored series II with race V6 for sale.

Oops forgot to mention Concentrated so hard to get the pictures up I forgot to mention that this a new restoration 2012-13 engine and car have less than 500 miles. Selling due to kid starting college and I'm relocating for a new job. Thanks again. Tom
  2. S

Another picture Another interior.
  3. S

More pictures Here is an interior shot
  4. S

Hey guys been a while since I've been on here. Reluctantly selling my hot rod. Want to turn heads, set off car alarms and go scarey fast? Then read on. 99% restored. Body is in really great shape. Zero rust. Zero. Body clean and original, wheel wells, rockers, trunk everything solid. No damage...
  5. S

Really big thank you to all

Thanks for all the kind words. RHFG, the paint was plain old acrylic urethane from TCP Globel. It's "Hot Rod" red $100 gallon. I didn't use a clear coat. I think I did the whole paint job ( paint, primer and materials) for about $350.
  6. S

Really big thank you to all

Hey guys, My son and I have finished our SII project-wow what an amazing fun experience. Please checkout the link below to see the pictures. We really wanted to express our gratitude to everybody here on the forum for all the great help we've received over the last 7 months. Thank you! We...
  7. S

Parting out a 1962 Series II

Hi Todd, Do you have a rear view mirror? Thanks. Tom
  8. S

V6 First Startup Questions (Starter)

Hey mike just watched your video you posted. First congrats. Sounds good and strong to me. Looking at your video I couldn't help notice your heater hose on the driver side is it an optical illusion or is it going into you valve cover ??? I'm sure it's just that you don't have the hose hooked up...
  9. S

Parting out a 1962 Series II

Hi Todd, Sent email to aol acct too. Looking for the rearview mirror if you have it. Thanks Tom
  10. S

Dura Spark Help

Thanks for all the good info guys. I converted the system over to neg ground. Including my electric fuel pump. Ok so last night at about 10 my son and I got it running-yeah! But since it was 10 and coming straight out of the headers we had to stop for the night. So now It just doesn't want to...
  11. S

Dura Spark Help

Great thanks I'm at Latitude19@mac.com. So I'm a little mixed up. If I bought a electronic coil should I just go a head and use it and I don't need an external resistor? Or do I still need one and does my S2 to have one or do I need to buy an external resistor? Thanks for the help. Tom
  12. S

Dura Spark Help

Just wanted to add this link for anybody interested. It is a nice step by step explanation and instruction for how to convert your British car (in this case Sprite) from positive ground to negative. Thanks again for the help I will let you know how it went tonight. Tom...
  13. S

Dura Spark Help

Thanks guys. Yes I have an alt. I was going to change over to neg ground but was a little worried about what would be effected. Thanks for the details. I don't have a radio and the tach is mechanical. so no problem-I hope. Do I still need the special electronic ignition coil that Chuck...
  14. S

Dura Spark Help

I just ordered this one from my O'reillys. Accel 8145C - Accel Super Stock Breakerless Electronic Ignition Coil $49. There is a good picture and description of it on Jegs. Hope this one works. Tom
  15. S

Dura Spark Help

Ok good to know-I'll check. I bought all of the stuff at the same time so I would think so but I will check thanks. Tom
  16. S

Dura Spark Help

Hi Guys- OK I give up-Uncle. Can anybody shed some light on how to get my ignition working!? I have just installed my 2.8L on my Series 2 and I am converting to an electronic ignition with the Dura Spark Module. I have the new distributor too. The engine turns over fine just no spark. The one...
  17. S

V6 Alpine trim questions?

Hi guys, Just wanted to follow up about the fender badges, they arrived and look really good. The quality is excellent. I didn't realize when I ordered them that the letters and numbers are clear and intended to take on the car's color. Tom
  18. S

sorry Rob (not Ron) apologies
  19. S

I found V6 badges on ebay (search Sunbeam badges). The guy sells a few options (V6 Sunbeam, V6 Rootes, etc.) $39. I just ordered them so I don't know the quality but the pictures look nice. Also Ron I know Al Mason has an early series rear view mirror for $80.
  20. S

V6 Conversion and Restoration Pictures

Hi Kelly, thanks for the nice comments. Yes it is a single stage urethane. I'm using TCP Global's paint. So far I've been happy with it and their store is in San Diego so it allows me to go and ask them tons of questions. Thanks for the clutch slave picture and help too BTW. Tom