• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. canuck pride

Clutch cylinder flex line

Hi guys,, I’m at the point of installing the hydraulic system for the clutch slave on my v6 conversion. I’m using a Wilwood master and a Wilwood pull slave hooked up to my T5 mustang transmission. Question is, do I install a flex line off of the cylinder to my hard line? And if so...
  2. canuck pride

Emergency brake handle clamp

Hello all,, I have a 67 Alpine and in need of the cable clamp that sits behind the emergency brake handle. It’s purpose is to hold the cable tight that goes to the rear axle. I have a left hand drive but I think both hands are the same. Thanks mike.
  3. canuck pride

Emergency brake rods

Hi guys,,, just wondering if any has any pics or access to pics of the emergency brake system on a stock 1967 alpine. I’m pretty sure that I’m missing some peace’s. Thanks.
  4. canuck pride

Stock speedo and tack on a t5

Hi guys,,, is it Possible to use the stock gauges” speedo “ on the mustang t5? Is there an adapter I can purchase to use them together? And as far as the tack,,, can I use the 4cylinder tack on the 2.8 v6? Thanks
  5. canuck pride

Wanted windshield latch catch.

Looking for the catch that the roof top latches to. 1967 alpine.
  6. canuck pride

Hard Top paint portection

I have just had my car painted about 4 months ago. I also had just rebuilt my hard top with all new rubbers and seals. Last week I put the hard top on for its first ride. After 40 minutes of driving,, I pulled the top off and noticed wear marks at the back of deck were the top sits...
  7. canuck pride

T5 mod question

After years of gathering ,, its bin a slow build. But I did reach the point of in stalling the v6 and now hooking up my 96 t5. I thought I had all my transmission mods all done. But after trying to fit the throw out bearing over the trans collar ,,, it seems the collar is about .600 to...
  8. canuck pride

Steering relay bracket

Hi all, I'm in the process of rebuilding the frontend on my 67 alpine. I noticed that the bracket on the right side engine bay "LWD" is really stiff. I have taken it apart and greased it up . It has shims at both ends. Can somebody tell me how to adjust it. Just seems to stiff for the...
  9. canuck pride

Pages missing from my shop manual.

I am in the process of putting my stock 67 alpine rear end back together. My problem is I am missing most of the pages in the manual for the rear brake lines and emergency brake rods that run back inforth on the rear end housing. 1st question is brake line that goes wheel cylinder to wheel...
  10. canuck pride

Wanted rear fender badges

I am looking to purchase a pair of the rear quarter chrome sunbeam roots group badges. The ones that sit at the end of the chrome trim. Thanks for looking. Mike...
  11. canuck pride

Wanted quarter fender chrome badge

I am looking for a pair of the sunbeam roots badges the sit at the end of the chrome trim on the rear fender. Thanks for looking. Mike Image from http://image.automobilemag.com/f/88022284+q100+re0/1965-1967-sunbeam-tiger-rootes-group-emblem.jpg.
  12. canuck pride

Wanted 1967 hard top trim

Hi all, I'm looking for the back window chrome trim for my hard top. Mike.
  13. canuck pride

V6 2.8 header bolts

Hi all, I have bin trying to find some locking header bolts for my 2.8 and keep coming up empty handed. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks. Mike
  14. canuck pride

Cool read on 2.8 heat issue

Very cool read on the 2.8 from some pinto guys. Deals with coolant issue. http://www.fordpinto.com/general-pinto-talk/anyone-have-a-v6-model/
  15. canuck pride

Identify this offy part please.

Hi all, It's bin fun so far in finding , buying and building this little project. My little 2.8 is almost done. The question I have for you is. When I put chased the offy 4bl intake it came with this part in the package. I'm not sure what it is. I hope the picture turns...
  16. canuck pride

Front cover 2.8 v6

Hey guys. In putting the front cover back together I come up on a little snag. The two port holes on the sides looks need some kind of rubber seal or O ring. Can anyone come firm this. Thanks.
  17. canuck pride

350 cfm 2bl holly

Hi guys, I'm on the debate on if I should stick with the 2bl set up on the 2.8 or break the bank and go with the 4bl set up. I'm not looking to race , But would like some get up and go. Has any one out here went with the 350 2bl and had any regrets? Just looking for a fun...
  18. canuck pride

Rear deck lid lettering

Hi guys, I have a 1967 alpine sold in Canada. My question I have is , what year or years did the alpine have the chrome sunbeam lettering across the rear deck lid. As I start a some body work on the lid I notice that on the inside someone had filled in the hole for the lettering. Not...
  19. canuck pride

T5 tranny question

Hi all, I'm at the point of fitting my 1999 t5 in my 67 alpine while starting on my tunnel mod. My question is about the tail stock weight on the T5. To me it looks like I must remove this to fit up under the car without rubbing on the cross frame. Is this going to be a problem running...
  20. canuck pride

interchanging parts

Hi all , can someone tell me if the windshield from a 62 alpine fit the 67 model ? And if so would the 67 hardtop hook up to the upper frame of the windshield. Are the rearends also interchangeable. thanks for your input. mike