• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Engine and Trans etc. near Vancouver BC

I have done a V6 conversion on SV and have had the stock engine and trans, driveshaft, front calipers, seats etc. sitting around for a year. Engine was running strong when pulled. Carbs rebuilt, brand new air filters. New clutch, maybe 50 KM on it. Sold the house and moving in a couple of months...
  2. A

Series V rear end pinion bolts

While I had my hubs off to put in hardened keys I decided I would pull the rear end apart and check the pinion bolts. They were all tight and still had the washers under them. The rear has been apart before as it has a home made gasket on it. So I would imagine someone has either replaced or...
  3. A

2.8 Main cap bolts

Has anyone had any luck buying new main cap bolts for mounting the oil pump pick up? I have a mutt II engine and need the Bronco/Ranger bolts but can't seem to track down these bolts at a wrecking yard. Looking for a Ford part number if one exists. Thanks, Trevor.
  4. A

Thermostat housing mod

I've searched and can't come up with anything on modifying the 2.8 thermostat housing. Can anyone give me some direction? From the pictures I've seen it looks like it's cut and turned, but what angle and is it weldable? Thanks, Trevor.
  5. A

Pressure plate bolts

I am to the point of installing the pressure plate and clutch disk on my V6 conversion and came across 2 different size holes in the flywheel. 4 of them are 8mm and 2 are bigger. I couldn't find a bolt that fit. Has anyone else come across this? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to only use the 4...
  6. A

V6 Gasket set

I'm trying to track a complete gasket set for the Mutt II V6 and seem to be having some trouble. Does anyone have a part number, maybe a Fel Pro one? My local guy is coming up empty. Can I use the Ranger/Bronco gasket set. Thanks, Trevor.
  7. A

2.8 Oil pan and oil pump with pickup

I went to a local wrecking yard and grabbed an oil pan they had on the shelf along with the oil pump and pickup. I'm not sure if it's the correct one or not. I forgot to take a picture of it but I will later today. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light with a description of it. It fits...
  8. A

1999 T5 questions

I picked up a 1999 3.8 V6 T5. I know I need to get the bearing retainer turned down for the bellhousing to fit, do I also need to get the spud turned down on this tranny? Is there a specific procedure for pulling the input shaft? I seem to recall reading about needle bearings. Anything else...
  9. A

Rear end questions

While waiting for my conversion kit among other parts I want to install the hardened woodruff keys I have. Can I get some suggestions on parts or bearings that I most likely need to replace or are common to needing replacement while I have things apart. Thanks, Trevor.
  10. A

Aftermarket seats

I have seen in some posts guys mentioning Miata seats etc. Has anyone got pics they can post of their car with different seats installed?
  11. A

Any bellhousings?

I'm having a hard time tracking down a Mustang II bellhousing. Anyone have one they are willing to sell or a lead on one? Thanks, Trevor.
  12. A

V6 rebuild kit?

Once I tear my V6 apart for a rebuild I will need some parts. For those of you that have already done this, did you source a complete kit or piece it together? I talked to a guy at a local parts store and he could only source a partial kit, no pistons or rings and missing a few bearings. Seemed...
  13. A

V6 Transmission

In the search for parts for my V6 conversion, I came across a T5 out of a 2008 v6 mustang. The tag number the guy gave me was 6533-7003bc tiet5758b a605 tg40001050611514. I'm not sure which of those numbers is the I'd number,I would assume it's the first part, but was wondering if anyone can...
  14. A

Minilites or something similar

Hey Guys, Looking to put some Minilte or VTO or somthing on my alpine at some point in the near future. Anyone have an idea what size the wheels on this Tiger might be? I'm thinking 15"x5.5 or 6" with a 205/50/15. Can I fit a 15"x6" on it without too much wheel well rolling? Trevor.
  15. A

New to Alpines and in need of a clutch

Hi there, I am a complete newb to the Sunbeam world. I always wanted one growing up and am finally at a place in my life where I could get one. So..... I found a 67 Alpine, according to the seller it was repainted in 1990, motor was rebuilt 12K miles ago. New top. It seems to all be there...