• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Fuel system II

Anybody willing to send me a photo of their throttle linkage-firewall to carbs? My set-up is a SII body and an SV engine, but w/ two WIP 36 carbs: by my research into the numbers.
  2. P

Fuel system

I've recently had work done on my car and now trying to complete the left-over bits. The choke linkage and throttle linkage were both undone and I think the choke link goes back together easily enough following the illustrations of the strangler valve's movement in the manual. The throttle...
  3. P

O/D Driveshaft

For those of you who've changed your transmission to an overdrive (O/D), and had to shorten the driveshaft, have you then had the new, shortened driveshaft balanced? Is it also worth my time to change out the u-joints? Thanks for your thoughts, PNG
  4. P

SII OD driveshaft

Looking for a shortened driveshaft for my SII that will be getting an OD upgrade. I'd rather not cut mine down, if possible. Thanks, PNG
  5. P

Winter storage

Has anyone used Seafoam in their cylinders, for Spring help with a possible ring issue and/or for cold (WI) winter storage? PNG
  6. P

Wnidshield gasket

What are folks doing about replacing the windshield gasket surrounding the glass on a series II? I'm trying to replace dried rubber pieces. Also, there is a fuel filler tube gasket between the tube and the floor of the trunk (boot) for which I've been unable to find replacement. Any...
  7. P

Odds and ends

Beginning the slow process of unbolting and wondering how much to do, how many steps backward before forward again? Removed the rear bumper and boot lid and of course the bumper bolts are quite rusty. Local hardware store (small town USA) doesn't carry much of a supply of fine thread bolts...
  8. P

SII Fuel tank

Working again on the fuel system issues from before, I've run into two items slowing me down. The rebuild kit from Sunbeam Specialties is more correct than that from Vic/Brit but still it doesn't have the gasket surrounding the pullrod. Mine is a little sloppy and I'm concerned that it'll leak...
  9. P

Fuel system

Still laboring, ...in love, with the fuel system. (No fuel at the carbs) Just received the, apparently correct repair kit and will install soon. My SII has an SV engine and also a bowl type fuel filter that I don't see in the fuel description for the SII. Thinking that if I will have to...
  10. P

The journey continues

Previous threads have documented my difficulty with starting. I've now found that I have a SII body and an SV engine. Cranking and cranking gets me no where. Disconnecting the union at the first carb, no fuel with cranking the engine. Further, the fuel level in the fuel pump bowl is below...
  11. P

Sii

Thanks to all about the starting and top issues. Since new here, probably dumb question, but can the Forum or other be used to find Alpine owners in my area, and to contact them directly? Thanks, PNG
  12. P

New soft top sII

I purchased my SII last fall and had to store it before I really could enjoy it. Its soft top was not so good so I had an aftermarket one installed and was told that it should stay up and on all winter. It did. Now trying to load the new soft top into the side spaces upon retraction is so...
  13. P

Sii

Trying to get the old girl going this Spring, and running the battery down. So perhaps a silly question, but with a positive ground, is there any problem jumping the battery? Also, are the lead additives worth using in an unmodified engine. Thanks, PNG.
  14. P

Bolts

Having trouble figuring out the bolt size on the engine side of the transmission bell housing. I'd like to put 15xx engine up on a stand to get it out of the way and securely held but, for the smaller holes, an 8mm is too small, a 10mm seems to big but very close (thread pitch wrong?), and 3/8"...
  15. P

Series II questions

New to the site, Sunbeam's in general, and the Alpine II in specific, I pose two questions. My recently purchased '62 series II has somewhat dead headlights and I would like to replace things easier/cheaper (?) first and need to know if there are recommendations for replacement lights. While...