• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

63 S3 ST For Sale

Selling our '63 S3. It has 63,038 miles on it. The previous owner said this is legit, but I cannot verify. I only put 929 miles on it in 3 years. However, it is a good driver. I have spent $6,000 in mostly mechanical items. I have all my work records. Highlights are recently sealed gas tank...
  2. R

Fuel Pump Rattles S3

Just recently I noticed that when I gun the engine, a rather loud rattling sound is coming from the fuel pump. Got a 63 - S3. Also, at higher speeds the engine dies. Just quits. I have cleaned and sealed the tanks, so I'm suspecting the pump now. Especially with this strange noise. Time for a...
  3. R

Front Caliper Rebuild Piston vs. Rubber Issue

So I am rebuilding the calipers on my '63 SIII. the pistons, pads and all rubber of course. Do you know any tricks to get those darn rubber boots and pistons to go into the calipers? If you put the boot on the piston first, you cannot get the ridge into the caliper with the piston in the way. If...
  4. R

I Need Wire Wheel Repair

I have original wire wheels and some of the wires are mising and broken. I spoke with a member last year about this. He said there was a guiy in La Jolla, CA that refurbishes the wheels. Does anyone have this guys contact info or know someong in Southern California that will repair wire wheels...
  5. R

63 Series III Brake Master Cylinder Repair

Hey, got a couple of questions. 1. Should there be a rubber washer between the reservoir and its base? 2. How do I get the dust cap off the master cylinder piston so I can install new rubber seals? Bob
  6. R

63 Series 3 Trunk Lid

Hey, I'm looking at buying a 63 Series 3 ST. It is in pretty good shape, however I'm questioning the trunk lid. See photo. It is not fitting very good. It is even on both sides. Could this be a differnt series lid or can the latch be adjusted???
  7. R

63 Series Trunk Lid

Hey, I'm looking at buying a 63 Series 3 ST. It is in pretty good shape, however I'm questioning the trunk lid. See photo. It is not fitting very good. Could this be a differnt series lid or can the latch be adjusted???
  8. R

Alpine Wanted in So Cal

New member looking for a drivable Alpine in the Southern California area. rlafey@msn.com