• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Not enough gear

That makes sense to me. Sounds like I'm going to change the gears
  2. S

Not enough gear

COOL !! Then it sounds to me my choice will be to get the 3.70 gear set and have my local rear shop ( who is Very good) to do the swap. I will let everyone know how it turns out. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP !!!!!!!!!
  3. S

Not enough gear

Yes , 1 wheel off the ground. It was probably closer to 2 1/8 rev. I did some more checking on the internet and my guess is I have 4.22 ratio. In another post it said 4.22 are Hypoid gear sets. If I change it to 3.70 which are spiral bevel gear sets will this still work because of the different...
  4. S

Not enough gear

Well guys , now I'm really confused. I jacked up 1 side of the rear and counted the rev's of the drive shaft when I turned the tire 1 rev. I got about 2 1/4 revs ????????? This made no sense so I tried it on the other side with same result. Then I tried turning the drive shaft instead with...
  5. S

Not enough gear

Todd , I also work in Wyomissing at Palmer Candy
  6. S

Not enough gear

Iwill check the speedo and tach. I have a GPS and a dwell / tach meter. I may be off on the numbers I remember. Are 3.70 gear set available anywhere ??? To Norville: I found it from a friend of a friend . It was sitting in a garage since 1982. I did a lot of work so far but will never be done...
  7. S

Not enough gear

I am new to the forum's. Hope someone can help me out. I have a 1967 Alpine series V . On back roads and mountains it runs great. On highways it runs out of gear. It runs about 4600 rpm at about 60 mph. Too high for longer trips. Any suggestion to help this problem ???? Wound tight in PA Great...