• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Rear brakes

I bought wheel cylinders and brake lines from VB. The wheel cylinders appear to receive double flare, while the brake lines look like metric (red fitting) bubble flares. Left me scratching my head, I can only guess the brake lines are figuring on stock restoration/original wheel...
  2. A

Rebuilt engine fire up

Ok, so its been a long time coming but I am going through the final checklist for the first fire up of a newly rebuilt engine. I think we've done everything we can to get this engine 100%. Engine was bored .030 over and everything that could be new, is new. I have rewired the car with a EZ...
  3. A

Valve Springs

Hey guys, I tried searching on the forums a few times but couldnt find this. My machinist is in the midst of an engine rebuild ('67 alpine, 1725cc engine) and is having trouble locating valve springs. Anyone know of a supplier of valve springs for the series V 1725cc? If not, I know...
  4. A

Inner rocker picture request

I'm cleaning up the underbody of our 67 series V alpine & will have a bit of metalwork to do to the rusted out floors. Our inner rockers are all but a memory as well. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the underside of their inner rocker panels? If so, could you post it on this...
  5. A

What's your name?

What do you call your Sunbeam? Mine is "Mistress Quickly". Given that I'm only the second owner, it didn't seem right to change her name now. Maybe it's like a boat...bad luck to rename her. "Mistress Quickly chronically misunderstands or mishears other people, hearing sexually charged...
  6. A

Houston we have a problem...

Finally got some of the tune up parts so I dug into the engine bay. Drained the oil and coolant. Everything looked ok until I pulled the last spark plug to check them out. Crust has built up in the cylinder. Could it be that the head gasket was leaking coolant into the chamber? Does that sound...
  7. A

Recommended Companies for Parts

Hello All: We're brand new to Sunbeam ownership, and we're just getting started looking for parts. Anyone have a favorite company that you like to deal with? We've got a couple catalogs coming, but we don't have any way of knowing if they rock or suck. Any recommendations would be...