• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Steering gearbox Welch plug

So I bought a used steering gear from SS, they sawed off the column and input shaft so I am trying to take 2 boxes and make one. So original box had no Welch plug hole machined in it and the used one does but plug is gone. Looking to find a plug without buying 5 or 10, nothing local found. About...
  2. J

Steering gearbox cracked

So after putting an engine in this 67 alpine I drive it for the first time and the steering clunks around up thru the column, box is dry inside and discovered housing cracked. SS in CA helped me find a used box for $150 with column. Has anyone changed a box without removing engine? Shop manual...
  3. J

Need Weber advice

I have a Weber DFV bolted to a log style manifold, working on adapting linkage to it. This carb is the mirror image of a dgv so the throttle has to rotate opposite of every one I’ve seen so far. Should I even attempt it? Was going to flip the linkage over and try that.
  4. J

Weber DFV clockwise linkage?

So a friend brings me a carb/manifold to convert on a series v, this looks like it will not be a simple linkage modification since this carb has to rotate opposite. Only pictures I see of conversions are of dgv carbs. So probably will try to flip the lever towards the master cylinder to reverse...