• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Z

Which brakes do I have?

It will make noise. I removed the other side and that side was done correctly. The side with the spring backwards will hit the hub studs constantly and makes noise on every contact. There's some witness marks as well on the spring. I'll order another to be safe.
  2. Z

Which brakes do I have?

Brakes are shot and seized. Need to order parts but I'm not sure which setup is on here. Parts came in boxes so not sure if this is the original Series V rear axle or not. I "think" it's the self adjusting based on the springs but wanted to verify.
  3. Z

PCV and idle issues

hmm I like that option better thanks. Especially with the warning Hartmandm posted. Amazon has it under Delco CV1016C for folks who are lazy like myself and don't want to stop at NAPA.
  4. Z

PCV and idle issues

ha. the Chevy one I posted was the V100. I have a 283 and it had it on it. ordered another one to try out. I'll look over the build quality and see if it is something I'd run. worst case, I'll just plug it. The car idling at 2k rpm is probably worse on the engine than anything not running a...
  5. Z

PCV and idle issues

Thanks!!! i knew something looked off. There's no PCV at all. it's just a barb. Hollow on the inside. I bet I can probably use one from an old chevy. The overall size looks to be about the same. this is the one I have in mind- the arrow looks to flow from the barb to the threads so it...
  6. Z

PCV and idle issues

So I finally got it running! problem is, it's idling at like 2k rpms. cliffnotes - purchased from an estate sale in boxes. Series V Alpine. I had it setup based on a picture the original owner had in his build, but something about how the hoses are routed doesn't sit right with me. To me...
  7. Z

GM alternator conversion help

any idea where i could find the workshop manual? not much out there. I found a chiltons manual but tiniest font ever.
  8. Z

GM alternator conversion help

so I have a series 5 that I'm swapping over to a 3 wire 10SI alternator (I have the lucas setup but it was never connected) I need some help wiring this together. my understanding of how to do this- battery to starter solenoid on post 1 starter solenoid to starter on post 2, alternator to...
  9. Z

Thermostat?

ha! thanks. in case anyone in the future has the same question- I went with a Gates 33008S
  10. Z

Thermostat?

perfect. thanks, that temp looks a little high though. glad to hear it's just a standard one. i'll find a 180 one.
  11. Z

Thermostat?

Anyone have a part number for the Tstat? 1967 Alpine none of my local box stores list one. looking for a 180F one.