• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

HLM replacement air filter

Gents, I use my car on a daily basis. What is the best option for replacing the stock gauze trumpets ? I have been to ITG in the UK who will make me a bespoke sandwich type case with their filter material (about £130 but cheaper with any extra orders). I could also go down the route of...
  2. G

HLM tailgate body seal + screen seal. Washer bottle

Gents, Any idea where can I get the correct rear screen seal(s) (tailgate to body and screen seal) for my HLM. Secondly what type of washer bottle and holder should I have and where should it be mounted ? My holder is square and on the bulkhead just above the exhaust manifold. Have just...
  3. G

S2 Anti rattle springs + squeal shims

Guys, Having trouble locating these baby's. Can anyone help? Andy
  4. G

Harrington LM roof

Gents, I appreciate that the roof of the Harrington is glassfibre bonded to the metal structure of an alpine but just how is it bonded? I imagined that there was a downwards overlap of glassfibre onto the metal lower rear wing but in trying to repair some damage to the rear wing of my car it...
  5. G

Brake switch - LM Harrington

Guys, Anyone have the Lucas part number for the brake switch, mines failed again. I looked for a number in previous threads but can't find it. If you don't have it anyone know the thread type/size ? Thanks in advance G.boat
  6. G

Suspension puzzle

I have a rattle on the front suspension when I go over pot holes. It sounds like a heavy metal object (as opposed to sheet metal) and dissapears under braking. I'm sure the answers easy but I can't think what it is. I have pulled pushed and struck with a copper hammer all over the suspension...
  7. G

Le Mans heater blower & switch

Gents, My first post so be gentle with me if I'm doing this wrong. I have been speaking with Ian and discovered that a toggle switch on my dash that turns the blower on and off is a later addition. Presumably because the lever switch stopped working. Having discovered this the heater...