• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. ernestovumbles

Watercolor Sunbeam

I was gifted this amazing watercolor painting of my Sunbeam today from the prior owner. The artist who created it is a regular at the car shows I attend. He will sketch and take photos of the cars during the show and then finish up the work later at home. Here he is at work on another car..
  2. ernestovumbles

Gas leak crossover pipe connectors

Walked out to a small gas leak coming from the left side as tank/crossover pipe connector today. A small snugging of the hose clamps seemed to take care of it. Is this common? I've had it happen a couple times over the past 6 years.. All in the wintertime.
  3. ernestovumbles

Happy Halloween!!

Have a Happy Halloween!!
  4. ernestovumbles

Happy 60th B-Day to my Sunbeam

According to the VIN lookup my Sunbeam Series III-GT was built 60 years ago this week along with 213 other cars. I'm 3 weeks older than my car, but I think the car is in nicer shape than I am.
  5. ernestovumbles

13 inch wheels - Chicago area free pick-up

set of 5 wheels/tires that were originally on my 63 Alpine ~6 years ago before I owned it. Free for local pickup in Chicagoland.. Going to the trash next week if no takers
  6. ernestovumbles

1st time valve adjustment

Working on doing my first time valve check/adjustment on my 63 S3 later this week.. I've read thru the forum info, manual and watched the videos, so hopefully I am prepared.. I figure I will measure/check the valves cold first to get some practice before doing it hot. Right now I am in the...
  7. ernestovumbles

13 inch wheels/tires for sale

Five 13 inch wheels for sale.. Tires are old but no dry rot or cracking. Make an offer + shipping or local Chicagoland pickup.
  8. ernestovumbles

Die-cast Sunbeam

I always keep my eyes open for Sunbeam toys but seldom see them.. got this from a friend last week
  9. ernestovumbles

Happy July 4th

I was all set to take the Sunbeam out to participate in a local July 4th parade, but it was cancelled last minute due to a tragic shooting at a neighboring suburb. Have fun, but stay safe out there!!
  10. ernestovumbles

Series III radiator questions

Hi All, I've had a small/slow leaky radiator in my 1963 Series III GT. I know the prior owner put in Stop-leak about 3 years ago, and the leaking rate has increased recently. Pulled the radiator last week and took in to a shop to clean/repair. Just got word back that the original fins are...
  11. ernestovumbles

Mini Sunbeam fun

It is too cold and snowy in Chicagoland to play with my full-size Sunbeam, so I have to find a way to have some fun..
  12. ernestovumbles

Thanksgiving plans?

I got the smallest turkey I could find.. Will it defrost in time?
  13. ernestovumbles

Show off your Sunbeam

What do you have? Garage queen? A Driver? A bunch of parts that will someday become a Sunbeam? Lets see some photos.. I'll start.. I've owned my 63 Series 3 GT for a bit over a year (but stored it for the prior owner for a couple years before that). I just use it for short weekend drives...