• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. CapeCodTom

Need for speed

Holy smokes.... an Alpine gasser!!!!!
  2. CapeCodTom

Happy New Year 2018

And a very Alpine New Year to you also Dan!
  3. CapeCodTom

Newbie Owner Questions

Hi Dan, nice purchase, she looks pretty complete. Is it an Arizona car? Up here in the NorthEast we envy your relatively rust free cars! She's a beauty, keep posting pictures, we like pictures!!! Tom
  4. CapeCodTom

Happy Christmas, you lot!

Thank you David, Merry Christmas to you also and wishing you a very Alpine New Year! Tom
  5. CapeCodTom

New forum site

Like the new site, good job, but why did the "C'mon Man" thread say I had insufficient privileges to reply here? Tom
  6. CapeCodTom

Modern Car humour

Now THAT"S funny!
  7. CapeCodTom

Congratulations!

Great job, dramatic improvement! Tom
  8. CapeCodTom

new engine but 1 bad tappet

Excellent diagnostics! So what was the root cause of this? Tom
  9. CapeCodTom

Early Series Horn Ring

I do need a horn ring, how much are you looking to get? Tom
  10. CapeCodTom

Glory be.....

I know I'm a new guy but this forum has been so much help getting my 59 figured out I'd like to amend the bonus to 11%. Happy Birthday Greg!!!
  11. CapeCodTom

Commer Van...SoCal

Man, that is super cool!
  12. CapeCodTom

Alpines in literature

Toyanvil, great find on movie cars!
  13. CapeCodTom

Cool New Wheels

Cragar would be my vote!
  14. CapeCodTom

Four club webinar

My vote would be to put Pam Anderson in Grace Kelly's wardrobe. Hard to beat the classic appearance with "improved" performance! Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.
  15. CapeCodTom

RHD LeMans

65beam, stunning work!!!
  16. CapeCodTom

This sounds interesting

Wow, the power to weight ratio would be amazing!
  17. CapeCodTom

Keeping her original? S1

Hi Jeff, good to know you're right up the road, safe bet we'll be doing business! Tom
  18. CapeCodTom

Keeping her original? S1

Hi Bill, thank you for the picky detail, you are right it was scarlet. This makes so much more sense to me now. When I lifted up the seat to see the underside and saw that what I thought was a red interior was actually an orangy color I thought "how did that get faded down there?" I'm a bit...
  19. CapeCodTom

Keeping her original? S1

Hi Tom, thank you for the welcome! I had been surfing around the site for about a week before joining, searching key words related to model, mechanical function, problem areas, etc. There's some great knowledge and experience here which will be invaluable in putting this old girl back on the...
  20. CapeCodTom

Keeping her original? S1

Hi Everyone, I just picked up a Series 1 Alpine with its matching serial number engine and 58K miles. She's in decent original condition and the engine turns over but needs a bit of reassembly. She has a little bit of Flinstone's floors but not too much so patching is doable. The red...