• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Series V overdrive ready gearbox

After reviewing all the positive feedback regarding my quest to find an overdrive ready trans box and then realizing my efforts would most likely be futile, I contacted both John Roseby and Jeff Howarth and will be getting a complete Series V overdrive system of theirs. I still have the...
  2. A

Series V overdrive ready gearbox

I am on the hunt for a Series V gearbox that is overdrive ready with the correct mainshaft. I already have a rebuilt overdrive and thought It would work with the existing gearbox but have been educated that it will not. It pays to do your research.Any other necessary pieces that I will require...
  3. A

All synchro Overdrive kit

Jeff I recently acquired a Roseby rebuilt Type D Laycock overdrive on Ebay for my 67 Series V. I have a wiring harness on the way but will need the necessary relays and steering column switch. My speedo was rebuilt by Niswongers in New York years ago and is now solid state. Should this work okay...
  4. A

2 pin electrical socket on the left(driver side) of a 1725 engine.

Big improvement over the Lucas starter although that starter had severely worn gear drive that I have since replaced and added to the stock of used Alpine parts which will probably go unused for years to come as I'm sure is common for many owners. The new British starter gets the engine turning...
  5. A

2 pin electrical socket on the left(driver side) of a 1725 engine.

I recently installed a new high torque starter on my 67 series V and noticed a 2 pin electrical socket on the block. I have referred to the owners/repair manuals but I have not come across any documentation on what this hookup might be. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
  6. A

Another wiring question

Sorry I'm tardy with this thank you. I received the PDF in great form and it cleared up some wiring issues for me and I correctly installed a new modern fuse/LED fuse block in my car.
  7. A

Another wiring question

Tim I would appreciate you forwarding me the PDF of your wiring system. I am switching over to a modern fuse block setup and would like to see how you approached it.Thanks Tom K(aservfortom2)
  8. A

Banjo type vacuum fitting on a 5"Girling servo

I am just about done rebuilding a crusty old servo I picked up on the web. Everything so far has gone well with the refit kit from Sunbeam Specialties and an excellent tutorial rebuild video available on youtube. I am trying to be meticulous about cleaning all the parts in the system and was...
  9. A

Bonnet handle/cable

The bonnet cable handle on my 67 is half gone. Is just the handle replaceable or do you have to replace the entire assembly? I am looking for any parts to solve this situation Thanks