• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 67Survivor

My photo site

Hello everyone, I had posted links to my photo website where I had lots of photos of different parts of the car being repaired/restored. Unfortunately the company hosting the site got greedy and was told which end of their Leer jet to stuff my photos into. Long and short is that the links no...
  2. 67Survivor

Clutch Master Spacer

Hi Guys, Which series of Alpine had a spacer block between the firewall and the master cylinder, and what is the purpose of the spacer? Thank you, Rob
  3. 67Survivor

Fuel sending unit gasket

Has anyone tried to replace the fuel sending unit gasket without removing the fuel tanks? I couldn't find my replacement when I installed the fuel tanks, so I reused the original and now it is leaking when the tank is full and I drive like an idiot. Driving like an idiot won't stop, so either I...
  4. 67Survivor

Front Suspension Top Link

The Question: Are the top Links of the front suspension interchangeable from passenger side to driver side? The details: I have a messed up front suspension. It has been determined that the "Subframe" or "Crossmember" is bent to the point that it needs replacing. I have in my possession a...
  5. 67Survivor

Series V badbe on boot/trunk

I am wondering which badge originally came on the boot of Series V. Was it the 1725cc, or the SeriesV. Also, were all of the original badges clear to show the body color as opposed to printed on black? Thank you, Rob
  6. 67Survivor

Series V Fuel cap and outer door handles

Hi Guys, With the other resto work I am doing on the car, it seems obvious that I need to replace or re-chrome a few items. I am hoping that someone whom has purchased the replacement fuel cap with button from SS could tell me if it seems to be of similar quality to the original and if it is...
  7. 67Survivor

SeriesV rear half restoration photos

Hi Guys, I had some issues I wanted to address on the rear half of my SeriesV. Of course, once the paint was removed, I got to see just how bad the previous repair work had been. The decision was made to move from repair to restoration. Unfortunately between budget restraints and available...
  8. 67Survivor

Rear Quarter panel sheet metal

Does anyone know of a source for the rear quarter panel sheet metal? I see that VB lists some metal, but not that part. Thanks guys Rob
  9. 67Survivor

Trunk/Boot Handle

Hi Guys, I have just noticed an anomaly with my 67' SeriesV. There is no handle on the boot or trunk lid. My license plate is held on by a rather dull looking bracket that is held on by four bolts. The Alpine photos I see all have a small chrome lift handle on the boot lid. I currently...
  10. 67Survivor

Rear bumper/trunk lock access

Hey guys, My Series V rear bumper looks to be mounted correctly, but I can't get a key into the trunk lock because the bumper partially covers the lock button. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it as simple as swapping the mounts from one side to the other or some such thing? Basically, the...
  11. 67Survivor

SeriesV Clutch Pressure Plate

Hi Guys, Does anyone have a seriesV Clutch Cover(Pressure Plate) in excellent condition that they would part with? Thank you, Rob
  12. 67Survivor

Trunk Panels

Hi Guys, I am wondering if these look to be the original trunk panels foe a seriesV. They appear to be some sort of a fibreboard. They may be a homemade replacement from a PO. If these are original, I would like to refinish them. Any recommendations on material or process? I am thinking a...
  13. 67Survivor

Roller Bearing vs Graphite Throwout Bearing

This information should apply to the Alpine as well. I am curious how many of you have roller bearings in your Alpines, how many miles on them, and are they noisy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIdkOWVcGg
  14. 67Survivor

Off idle miss after carb rebuild

Hello, I just had my carbs rebuilt due to a fuel leak. After reinstalling them, I have a nice smooth idle, it accelerates fairly well, but when you just cruise at a constant RPM, it has a fairly pronounced miss. If I pull out the choke on part way while driving, the miss goes away. Any quick...
  15. 67Survivor

Distributor Vacuum Advance

Hi everyone, I have a question about the vacuum advance on the distributor. On my Series V, the entire Vacuum assembly is loose and moves about where it is mounted to the distributor. The nut is on tight etc, but the whole thing just wiggles around. Is this normal? If not, should I be...
  16. 67Survivor

What's your ride height?

Hi guys, The front end of my Series V sits uneven. Granted, the area it is parked on is not level, but the difference is obvious regardless of where I am parked. My assumption was that the low side has a sag for any of a number of reasons. I have since rethought this and I believe that it...
  17. 67Survivor

Hardtop to window frame seal

Hi Guys, I've finally decided to start using the hardtop that my series V came with. The seal across the front was missing and I have purchased a replacement from SS. I could use some help from anyone who has installed this seal piece. When looking at the hardtop, there is a channel that...
  18. 67Survivor

How interchangeable are rear ends?

I have been blessed with a broken axel on my early series5. It appears that I may have quick access to series3 rear end at a reasonable cost. How interchangable are they? I have self adjusting brakes, but depending how complete this rear end is, I was thinking about just swapping with brakes...
  19. 67Survivor

A Question of Quality

I am curious about the quality of some of the different replacement parts available to us. There a a few main suppliers of parts for our Sunbeams, and I have noticed that some parts seem to have a major difference in cost from one supplier to the next. For example; Lower ball joint from SS...
  20. 67Survivor

Air Bubbles rising in fuel pump bowl

My SeriesV is stuttering a bit when under load or during acceleration. I noted that there were a lot of small bubbles rising around the edge of the glass bowl on the fuel pump after I had been driving it. I do not see any fuel leaking other than the standard "Stromberg Weep" under the one...