• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

V6 Head Gaskets

After a 2 year hiatus I have gotten back to working on the motor. I was working on the heads today, drilling the cooling holes and looking at plugging the EGR holes. Using the head gaskets to mark the holes for drilling I thought they looked a little odd. I had kept the old gaskets when I tore...
  2. S

1960 Alpine V6 Build Begins

After 2 years of indecisiveness I have finally started the build. You may recall from my previous posts I have two '60 Alpines built a month apart. The car I am building is a shell with all the body work done except the floors which I have already purchased. The parts car is pretty well compete...
  3. S

Dollar to Horsepower increase, is it worth the cost?

After debating for almost two years to build or sell I am going to build. The V6 I obtained is out of a 1979 Mustang. I was able to drive the car prior to the drive train being pulled (I have motor, 5 speed, driveshaft and axle) The cars original mileage was a little over 67,000 km or roughly...
  4. S

Long Time No Post

I haven't posted in quite sometime, I even had the two cars up for sale twice. But when someone showed up with a trailer I just couldn't do it. I suspect at some point I will start to work on the car. The initial delay was building the new garage but after delay after delay it is pretty well...
  5. S

1960 Series 1 Advertising/Manuals

Looking for Advertising to wall mount in my new garage/shop. I am in the drywall stage so not in a hurry, just looking ahead. Can be print or digital (I can have digital blown up) also looking for Rootes dealer sign, ok with reproduction. Will also be looking for 1960 owners manual and...
  6. S

Offenhauser Intake

Lucked out on a used intake for 213.00 CDN including shipping (about 160.00US) Now on the hunt for a Holley Carb. They still haven't finished my new garage, four walls with trusses laying down, running out of nice weather. So until I have space no work on car yet.
  7. S

Buick 215ci v8

Still haven't touched my '60, hopefully I will have a new building before the snow flies! Still looking at a new concrete pad and nothing else, trusses are delayed again. In the meantime I have been looking at different parts, etc getting ideas. Although I have already purchased a 2.8l V6...
  8. S

Practicality of Women

If you have read any of my posts you know I bought a rolling chassis and a parts car to end up with a running Alpine. In order to be able to achieve this I decided to build a new 20X24 garage. The garage is in the process of being built with considerable cost overruns already. The end result is...
  9. S

Two 1960 Alpines

As my ad states I have been offered a complete car, running and on the road for a very attractive price. I am wondering if there is a market for the two I have now. Here is the ad link. Works out to around 3000US dollars, open to offers. I will finish the car if it doesn't sell but with a new...
  10. S

Current Resale Values

Trying to get some sense of resale value on '63 Series 3 GT original no rust one respray unmolested car with hardtop registered and on the road needs nothing to drive away. How much of a difference in value versus '63 non GT car ? Thanks
  11. S

V6 Motor and Trans help

I have a lead on a motor and tranny with only 67000km on it. It is a 1979 Mercury Capri. The car is still on the road and I will be able to drive it before committing. The question is regarding the transmission, it is a German Merkur 5 speed sent from Germany. Will it fit right in the Alpine...
  12. S

Rust Removal/Gusset Dents

I have attached pictures of some significant dents in the center gusset. Frame measurements seem to be Ok. Body gaps in doors, trunk and hood look Ok. I have went over the car with a magnet, all panels are metal. You will see a picture of the trans tunnel, does the drivers side rail look odd in...
  13. S

Series I Parts needed

I have recently acquired a 1960 Series I Alpine. It is my intent to go the V6 root but will need a multitude of original parts for the balance of the car. The parts that jump out at me first and are not available for purchase new,as far as I know, are as follows Windshield wiper assembly...
  14. S

New Owner

I have been looking for an Alpine off and on for 2 years and just purchased a relatively rust free 1962 Alpine. It is basically a rolling chassis, no engine or transmission with only bits and pieces of the interior. The trunk is full of parts and the car comes with an extra trunk lid and 3...