• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

V6 Head Gaskets

The motor is out of a 1979 Mustang, I drove the car before the drive train was pulled. The car had 67,000 km or roughly 42,000 miles with the motor being original to the car. I tore it down for the heads to be done, a leaking rear main, to change timing gears, install comp cam, etc. The...
  2. S

V6 Head Gaskets

After a 2 year hiatus I have gotten back to working on the motor. I was working on the heads today, drilling the cooling holes and looking at plugging the EGR holes. Using the head gaskets to mark the holes for drilling I thought they looked a little odd. I had kept the old gaskets when I tore...
  3. S

V6 Cam specs

My Canadian Supplier has no stock on Comp Cam so it wasn't shipped. I happened upon this thread and am curious as to my Cam choice. I was wondering if you would care to comment on my original choice and whether I should go the next up. Stock engine, mild porting, Offy with Holley and headers. I...
  4. S

1960 Alpine V6 Build Begins

I was wondering if anyone wanted to comment on the best place to order a windshield for a Series 1 from. The best price looks to be from Victoria British at a sale price of $99.99. Has anyone ordered one of these from them? Thanks
  5. S

1960 Alpine V6 Build Begins

After 2 years of indecisiveness I have finally started the build. You may recall from my previous posts I have two '60 Alpines built a month apart. The car I am building is a shell with all the body work done except the floors which I have already purchased. The parts car is pretty well compete...
  6. S

Dollar to Horsepower increase, is it worth the cost?

Thanks very much for your reply. That's the information I was looking for. I want something I can drive everyday if I choose without worrying about reliability. But I also wanted something with a little bit of "umph" if I drop the clutch and downshift.
  7. S

Dollar to Horsepower increase, is it worth the cost?

After debating for almost two years to build or sell I am going to build. The V6 I obtained is out of a 1979 Mustang. I was able to drive the car prior to the drive train being pulled (I have motor, 5 speed, driveshaft and axle) The cars original mileage was a little over 67,000 km or roughly...
  8. S

65 alpine with 99 miata motor build.

So many ideas The more posts I read the longer I delay starting my car (both still under tarps) My collection of cars, motors and parts have been based on installing the 2.8L V6 with the four barrel and five speed (I have all that now) But the more I read on the miata 4 cyl install the more...
  9. S

Long Time No Post

I haven't posted in quite sometime, I even had the two cars up for sale twice. But when someone showed up with a trailer I just couldn't do it. I suspect at some point I will start to work on the car. The initial delay was building the new garage but after delay after delay it is pretty well...
  10. S

1960 Series 1 Advertising/Manuals

Looking for Advertising to wall mount in my new garage/shop. I am in the drywall stage so not in a hurry, just looking ahead. Can be print or digital (I can have digital blown up) also looking for Rootes dealer sign, ok with reproduction. Will also be looking for 1960 owners manual and...
  11. S

Offenhauser Intake

Lucked out on a used intake for 213.00 CDN including shipping (about 160.00US) Now on the hunt for a Holley Carb. They still haven't finished my new garage, four walls with trusses laying down, running out of nice weather. So until I have space no work on car yet.
  12. S

Project Sabertooth

Post pictures as you go There is a video on YouTube of a Sunbeam with an LS1, I have watched it multiple times and drool each time. The sound is unbelievable and the stance is fantastic. The car was unfinished in the video, is it your car?
  13. S

Buick 215ci v8

Still haven't touched my '60, hopefully I will have a new building before the snow flies! Still looking at a new concrete pad and nothing else, trusses are delayed again. In the meantime I have been looking at different parts, etc getting ideas. Although I have already purchased a 2.8l V6...
  14. S

Practicality of Women

If you have read any of my posts you know I bought a rolling chassis and a parts car to end up with a running Alpine. In order to be able to achieve this I decided to build a new 20X24 garage. The garage is in the process of being built with considerable cost overruns already. The end result is...
  15. S

Two 1960 Alpines

Series 1 Have VIN from Firewall Have VIN from firewall it is a 1960 for sure, has Series 2 Windshield on it hence the purchase of the Parts car to put it correct to Series 1
  16. S

Two 1960 Alpines

As my ad states I have been offered a complete car, running and on the road for a very attractive price. I am wondering if there is a market for the two I have now. Here is the ad link. Works out to around 3000US dollars, open to offers. I will finish the car if it doesn't sell but with a new...
  17. S

Current Resale Values

Trying to get some sense of resale value on '63 Series 3 GT original no rust one respray unmolested car with hardtop registered and on the road needs nothing to drive away. How much of a difference in value versus '63 non GT car ? Thanks
  18. S

2.8 V6 Ford Headers "Straight-Back" available soon....

Individual components is a good idea Your offer to sell components individually is a good option for owners doing a conversion. I know for myself I am not using a T5 but a Type 9 that was already bolted to the V6 so some of the kit items may not be relevant to my build. In addition with the...
  19. S

Toyota Prius brake master cylinder?

cap is turned around You probably think you cannot find it because the original poster has turned the cap to face the opposite side. Both top openings are the same so the hoses for the reservoir can point to either side. Look on rockauto at 2004 Prius...