• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. cnalbers

Temp sender question

Does anyone happen to know the exact size of the temp sender threads? I measured a pitch of 18 but OD of 5/8" is too big and 9/16" is too small for my gauge. The reason I ask is I plan to weld a threaded bung to the oil cooler adapter (oil pump to cooler side) for an oil temp sender (using...
  2. cnalbers

Oil Temperature Gauge?

Has anyone installed an oil temperature gauge in their Alpine? What gauge did you use? Where is the sensor installed?
  3. cnalbers

Jaeger Tach 2411/01

Does anyone know how to service these? Mine bounces when shifting. I have heard that the cause of this is frequently a bad capacitor. I could only find one (pictured). Can anyone tell me what the dashpot does and how it is adjusted?
  4. cnalbers

OD 4.22 Differential

Anyone know where I can get a 4.22 ring gear & pinion?
  5. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

After reading Tim Raymond's thread on rewiring and getting his guide, I decided to rewire my car. I tried to follow his setup as closely as possible, but since my car has a Delco CS130 alternator, I needed to make some changes. Everything works and runs well, however, now my ammeter pegs...
  6. cnalbers

Ammeter issue?

I need help. My 3 wire GM alternator is putting out 14+ volts and 115amps at the alternator. However, when I measure the amperage across the +/- ammeter wires (disconnected from the gauge) I am getting 5amps. The gauge reads in the negative when the car is running, a pegs further down the...
  7. cnalbers

Glove Box Surround

Looking for a glove box surround. I heard someone had several at SUNI recently. Mine is broken and repaired too may times...
  8. cnalbers

Modern Wiring

Some of you may be familiar with the Sunbeam Alpine channel on Youtube. On it there is a video about updating wiring in the car. The channels' administrator graciously offers to send documentation/schematic on how to perform some of these modifications (see attachment), which he sent quite...
  9. cnalbers

Anyone know where to find this manifold?

I have not seen this in the US. I have found it on a couple of supplier websites in the UK and UK ebay. Does anyone know where it's made and who makes it? Can it be found in the US?
  10. cnalbers

Reduced gear starter

Does anyone know of an application for a direct fit reduced gear starter? I seem to recall buying a Nippondenso starter for my 1725 years ago in the 90's, but cannot remember the application.