• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. E

1592 Oil Pump needed

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with carburetors. I see a several different Weber carburetors mentioned in the forum. Are you referring to the 34ICH, 34ICT, 32/36, or another one that I missed? I have no clue what any of that means, if you could give me just...
  2. E

1592 Oil Pump needed

Next Step... Carb troubles I wanted to give thanks to all of you who contributed to my success. I finally got around to changing out my Cam and Oil Pump. I was a bit worried about it, but it went fairly smoothly :) The car turns over, and runs for several seconds on ether. I cleaned the...
  3. E

1592 Oil Pump needed

Camshaft replacement I am about to show my lack of knowledge on the topic... Do I need to remove the valve cover and valves, or can the camshaft be inserted with them in place?? Thanks Eric
  4. E

1592 Oil Pump needed

Cam shaft replacement Thank you for the heads up, I am new at this :( I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but by no means any sort of engine expert. Is replacing the cam shaft something I could do with some online guidance, or do I need to hire a real mechanic for this job? Thanks...
  5. E

1592 Oil Pump needed

I inherited a 65 Series IV Alpine. It had been sitting for a while, and in the process of breaking the engine loose we discovered that some teeth were worn off the Oil pinion drive. I need a new pinion which has 12 teeth. Most that I find online have 11, I guess they are for the 1725 engine...
  6. E

Sunbeam engines and automatic transmissions for sale.

Interested in your engines I am interested, check your PM... :o Eric